1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
Rampe69 wrote:
"
Thanks for screwing solo players further.

Yeah have to say as a solo player its gonna hurt with CoDT nerf. Fair enuff if you are in groups you arent always the one taking hits you dont NEED that defence but as a solo you are the ONLY target and it really helps.
The nerf to CoDT is really harsh, I really liked this gem as it allowed a smoother play. Now I'll have to start casting EC and MC before engaging a pack which doesn't feel that great.
Though with lvl1 CoDT I can still use EC and SS in a kind of efficient way, MC does become useless and this was really what brought my defenses up.

Other than that some great changes.
"
Rufnet wrote:
"
Kulte2a wrote:
"
Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.

Great patch and thanks for the change on map (as a solo player)

And good change for CWDT (playing myself as a melee) which remain a very good support gem.

Read the whole description it's a level requirement restriction and not a gem level !

So For example with only a lvl 4 CWDT (lvl 37) you can run :
-Molten lvl 9
-Enduring lvl 6
-Summon squeleton lvl 9

Which is far enough !

lol if u think thats far enough haha
ill use lvl 17-19
life leech
devouring totem
flammebility
enduring cry
molten shell
faster cast

now iam foced to buy new quality gems of every type? or delvl em all with scouring orbs?
or lvl up codt to get a procc when iam close to dying?
hilarious changes are hilarious i guess

Now you might be forced to actually cast some abilities...

You know, like people have been doing for 2 years.
"
Nycro wrote:
Thanks for that Cast when Damage Taken nerf, do you expect me to use 15 scourings on all the gems I had linked to it? If you're going to force us to level it at least make it less horrible at high levels.

Yup.

The trigger damage is ludicrously high at higher levels.
"

Aura changes might screw us a little but i feel Vitality + the change to map dropps is nice.
"
skevoid wrote:
Hurrah for forcing people to make interesting choices with tradeoffs instead of picking what was obviously the strongest.

Yup, my CwDT gems welcome quiet peace of my stash interior. Interesting choice it was, while it lasted.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I think the change to CWDT was a good call. Almost everyone was leaving it at level 1, which to me indicates the skill was not being used as intended.

For those who have not been playing PoE for a long time and are really concerned about the changes to CWDT - rest assured that GGG will watch how the changed gem is used and how it affects play.

If the damage taken to trigger it needs to be lowered, the best way for us to show them (for non-HC characters)is to try using the CWDT. They will get data they can use, rather than our gut feelings.

Unlike our subjective feelings, GGG can get aggregate hard data on how changes really affect the players.

From what I have seen over the past year, when GGG occasionally breaks something, they will fix it again.

That includes if they accidentally make the game too easy - which is probably what happened with CWDT.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Kamro wrote:
"

Aura changes might screw us a little but i feel Vitality + the change to map dropps is nice.

Still no reason I can see to do maps solo.
"
Kulte2a wrote:
"
Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.

Great patch and thanks for the change on map (as a solo player)

And good change for CODT (playing myself as a melee) which remain a very good support gem.

Read the whole description it's a level requirement restriction and not a gem level !

So For example with only a lvl 4 CODT (lvl 37) you can run :
-Molten lvl 9
-Enduring lvl 6
-Summon squeleton lvl 9

Which is far enough !

Its not. It basically makes the gem complete junk for end game because giving up 2 slots for 500 armor that barely trigger simply isnt worth it for most people.

In combination with the changes to auras farming as a ES based character becomes less viable every day. Since its pretty tough to run Grace now CoDT + Molten Shell was the only way to get quite a bit of additional defense that is definitely needed.

With this change we can kiss that goodbye. ES based character in the current game feel like glasscanons without the canon part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info