[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

first of all, playing this char is so damn satisfactory, its very relaxing to explode EVERYTHING, thanks for the guide!

had a lvl 78 witch that was reset, and i have 2 legacy facebreakers lying around. (i havent logged on for about half a year, so there are a few reset characters and legacy items)

same issue, this toon desyncs like hell, no clue why.

it seems the build isnt feasible without abyssus (theres no other way to have enough dps for a good ll) and aegis. its like in your demonstration video with the tentacle ladies - without the "+ES when you block" you would have been sooooo dead.

sure, i am still levelling my (non-q) gems right now. as soon as i have purchased those 2 essential items, it should be much more fun, since the aegis procs will let you survive even heavy desyncs.

and yeah, poe is the ONLY game i suffer those desyncs... i suspect a graphic card issue...

current gear:

i look forward to the final char, with the proper gear!
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Fusion_Power
Well your DPS is pretty low indeed .. so the leech can't be very helpful for you .. i mean 6800 DPS means that only around ~2000 DPS is physical .. and that's dps.. per hit you have maybe 1000 physical damage per hit(taking into consideration the fact that monsters have armour) even with 10% life leech you'll leech only 100 ES per hit(btw splash works .. so it can be alot more).. and that's ... well ... pretty much nothing... because probably it's not even 100.... and you most likely dont have 10% life leech... so yea my advice - get more damage :)

Now that you mention it, I guess it really means only LL from PHYSICAL damage and Infernal Blow does alot more damage types. ^^"" Normaly I would say that over 6K DPS are alot, even my Level 77 Marauder does only ~7K Damage with his heavy strike. However, he doesn't need the damage to keep alive.
With an Abyssus I guess the DPS would be better, however, I fear the 40% + increased damage alot, without Aegis Aurora this can be really an issue. I can afford the helmet but not the Shield. And the fact that I only have 4l items to use Infernal Blow doesn't make it better. 5l would be nice for more dps, I don't have an "phys dmg on full life" gem (didn't even know this support gem exist :D ) but at least attack speed would be possible.
I guess I just have to farm more, maybe some drop luck will help. Trading however is so annoying and time consumpting that I better level my charas in that time.
It's Melee damage on full life support gem meaning all types of damage ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
ah, another thing which makes this build rather less affordable - trying to get RRRRR on a 5l or 6l AR/ES chest.... "melee damage on full life" chould give a nice physical damage boost

anyway I just got my facebreaker for 6c

but I think this is not a good roll stats for a face breaker, but I guess it'll do for now. anyway is there a way to reroll the stats of unique items? and how many slots can I roll for facebreaker?
You can reroll the stats with a divine orb ... but .. don't do it for a pair of facebreakers... the value of the orb is greater than the value of the gloves .. and th orb rerolls the stats at random so you can get even lower rolls.
The sockets ( i think you mean sockets by "slots" right ) can be just like any other pair of gloves - 4
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
It's Melee damage on full life support gem meaning all types of damage ;)

So a 30% increased phys dmg gem makes less overall DPS than a 30% increased Melee damage on full life gem? Hm, to bad I don't have this gem and not even a chara that has this as quest reward available.
Divine orbs seems to drop even less often than exalted orbs, I only found 2 Divine so far but at least 4 Exalted Orbs. This or really bad RNG. ^^

Edit: oh, I see in the gem description it's called Melee PHYSICAL damage on full life so I guess it is basicly like the normal phys dmg gem but only works on full life then. Would be nice if it would buff every damage type. ^^
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Dec 21, 2013, 11:20:11 AM
yup i was mistaken also ( just checked it out :) ).. but i knew the end result.. both supports give exactly the same amount of dps :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 21, 2013, 11:38:13 AM
OK, after switching from Temporal Chains curse to Vulnerability, I do a little bit more damage and it also seems to work for more leeched energy shield this way. ^^
I'm still not be able to tank even a single Voidbearer (these bastards!) but at least I can manage to stay alive.
Not comparable to the Abyssus+Aegis Aurora combo but it works. Now I try to level up some more, I killed Piety but only with the help from myself (my tanky Marauder beat her down to ~1%, then chara switch with open portal and my Witch finished her, a little bit cheating but I needed the 2 passive points urgently).
DPS still ~6k and still to weak for the new act 3 areas but at least I have almost 3K ES now and some more armor due the finished left armor/ES cluster. :) I thought about buying a Abyssus for simply more damage but without Aegis it's basicly a bad idea to use this helmet, even with more ES leech through the helmet.
i would like to see you try 78 courtyard and 78 Palace.

if you can tank the bosses respect, but with only 4-5k ES it will be very hard :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info