[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

You have almost perfect gear, I wish I would have that much ES at least. ^^" Even my Facebreakers are so low level that they only can have 3 sockets, however, they are legacy ones so I can live with this. Rest of my gear is not that great, besides the buyed belt+boots. OK, at the moment the +5% XP from the circlet help a little bit to level and my chest is also not that bad. Don't wonder why I use a crit ring, I know I can't crit but it has a nice damage bonus and some resists that I need. Of course there are better ones out there but I have some trouble to get enough resists at the moment.

Spoiler

Last edited by Fusion_Power on Dec 19, 2013, 6:18:36 PM
Actualy that ghoul band is pretty cool for now and the rainbowstrides are nnicely rolled .. too bad that they are the nerfed onces but they are still pretty good
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well I bought boots and belt for only 1 Exalted each so I guess I can call this a success. ^^ Legacy Rainbowstrides would have be much more expencive, I'm sure I can get the little bit extra resists much cheaper later. Rest of the gear is selffound/self crafted.
I just recently found out that Abyssus has a range of the incresed incomming damage, how mean! 40-50% so I guess I can be lucky to find affordable 40% but right now I am to squishy anyways for this kind of item.

So far it is compared cheap for a Unique based build imho. :)
Just an update on how I'm doing in nemesis with this build fresh(just started nemesis 1.5 - 2 weeks ago) I'm now in Merciless act 2, level 59. I'm Very worried about Vaal haha. I took all the close life nodes(3-4 left to take...will make no difference vs vaal/boss though) but I'm still at a fairly low 2.2K and am now having more and more close calls.

I AM finding shield block starting to feel better though now that I have it up to 66% with a few more nodes being taken right away. Current build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY-aBc1PAVBB0eQMOXAj0MYhFfm0ZLR9MswQHHwI2xdgkpwiPRh0U0ND60kw1z2VmnnB9NukoxVXGwBqplYBW42rzvhZvWfOQVRoyT32sqlFgJ-1yqRkufNnZYVcN0iGRzvuqns2nMAHn974UIDboUEdkoxpVYSGE7xLhXhOi6sOG707nkUCgrK-eudrd

Gear is as follows
Spoiler

Obviously no way I can go ES/CI yet, MAYBE by 70 if I find some decent currency etc. DPS is sitting around 5.3K and all resists are above 50% and soon maxed. Anyhow, just felt like posting my progress :D I likely should have gone the duelist/life route starting fresh here in nemesis but witch is my favorite class!

PS: With playing from out of town and a bad connection I'm thinking I'll pay for a Vaal kill(just can't risk it, un-HC as that sounds. 1-1.5 DL and 0.2 upload speeds make things interesting) and level up in the Catacombs/act 3.
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
I also tried the two-handed Flicker build (20ex to buy related gears, especially 6L Kaom axe), but too easily to be killed by reflection maps. I wanna come back to Witch CIFB build again.
Great build, thanks Korgoth!

I just hit 62 and was finally able to equip Aegis Aurora, works really nicely so far, just missing Meginord's and a good chest (gah, that's gonna be hard to find).
I had some bad-good-luck while leveling, I had a 5s Icetomb lying around that I used for a while cause it had ok armor/ES, fused it once to at least get 4L, and it gave me 5L... Now I'm pretty sure I've used up all my fusing mojo for the next 1000 fusings or so, oh well. :)

My self-dropped Aegis Aurora has the lowest roll possible on all stats, kinda wonder if it would be worth throwing a Divine on it.
Hi, I didn't know that there is an infernal blow build in this witch section. your build really give me an insight, right now I'm playing lvl 52 templar and the build is similar to yours but instead I'm still using life and a mace (because I didn't have facebreaker). I don't know whether I should go for CI or EB/MOM later.

This is my analysis for my final build passive skills

CI Build

this is the CI build
CI build

The difference compare to EB/MOM build:
- Higher block rate (+40% block)
- Mana leech from Mind Drinker
- Chaos immunity (able to run Blood rage endlessly)
- Less elemental resistance
- More unallocated skill points
- Less strength and more intelligence
- More access to dexterity booster (+30 dexterity)
- Use less mana for auras
- VP

EB/MOM Build

and this is the Life build using EB/MOM
EB/MOM build

The difference compare to CI build:
- Lower block rate (+32% block)
- No mana leech from passive skill
- More intensive mana usage
- More durability due to MOM
- More elemental resistance
- No Chaos immunity
- More strength and less intelligence
- Less unallocated skill points
- Normal mana usage for auras
- no VP because relying on life regen

I really need some feedback here, because I'm fairly new to this game and I'm still on cruel act 3 and the chaos damage isn't too much problems right now.
thanks
Last edited by wiwing on Dec 20, 2013, 6:15:04 AM
Hi, Korgoth.

Are your resistances all capped with this build?
It seems almost impossible to cap resistances with only 2 rings, and amulet and boots.
There is a very narrow selection of rings out there with good phys dmg rolls, ES + 2 high resistance rolls.

Could you please advise?

Thanks a million in advance!
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
@Balbafu
Well if you have extra curency to spend you can reroll the Aegis Auora yes.

@shacharleigh
Well don't foget that the shield gives res too.. and there are 2 (10%) all res while holding shield nodes, also make sure to take the kraytin reward in normal... other than that there is insane amount of res nodes along the way.. just grab some if you need them .
And yes all my res are capped at 77% ( cold at 82%) :)

@wiwing
First of all no one-handed weapon + shield can reach the DPS of a facebreker and it's tankiness at the same time.. you'll have to sacrifice damage or tankiness... but if you want to make an IB mace+shield build you should most definetly do it!

I'd suggest to go CI ... ES>life.. and if you go ES and you are a melee you should go CI

Small correction to your CI tree - use the aura effectivness nodes i9n the sovereign circle and not te reduced mana reserved ones.

Now i'll tell you what problem you'll face. You are tanky enough with this skill tree but even with the most insane weapon you'll barely do 10-15k DPS and that's ... well... very low.
If you get physical and ele damage nodes instead you'll lack the needed defensive nodes ( block, ES etc.) so yo won't be tanky enough to makethe build work properly...

In general... buy facebreakers :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@Korgoth
I'm fully aware that I won't be able to reach high DPS with any one-handed weapons, I use mace because this is the weapon I can afford at the moment. after reading about your build, I've decided to buy facebreaker later. I don't know how much the price is right now, I'm still saving currencies to buy it later.

thank you for your suggestions, I guess I'll go CI for my final build. gonna need to respec a lot to respec life nodes to ES nodes later

anyway why didn't you run tempest shield? isn't it a good defense mechanism for shield users

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info