[Release]Ingame Itemlevel and DPS Display using Autohotkey

quickly asking for permission first would have been nice.

Thief ;>
I obviously can't comment on what some mod or admin might think is a "cheat." or "hack." as they basically have a "gods word." situation on that and can pick and choose whatever they want.

But... the information is already there.

I mean it's less work than typing /itemlevel to just hover over an item, ctrl+c and ctrl+v into a notepad.

Test it out in game, it takes seconds. I mean I do have more than one monitor though, so is it cheating or hacking to play in windowed fullscreen with things up on a second monitor?

All this script does is take what you copy, and display it on your screen where your mouse is. There is absolutely no interaction with the game. It's absolutely no different than copying the info and pasting into a spreadsheet or program that works out the numbers for you.

I also don't think this has anything to do with the game itself. It's not taking anything from the game or interacting with the game in any way. If someone said it was a hack or a cheat, I would personally think they were an idiot. If this is a cheat then so is any spreadsheet anyone has, or any program people use to figure out things in game.

Anyone talking about "advantages." is also kind of dense in my book. As I already said, it's exactly like using any outside of the game program to work out data.
just to clarify:
After a conversation with Nip I absolutely agree that he has taken my script as a base!
"
immo wrote:
just to clarify:
After a conversation with Nip I absolutely agree that he has taken my script as a base!

I did take it. I did give credit before you even talked to me. Sorry for not contacting you sooner. But I was never able to find out if you played or not. But thanks for not being to mad and allowing me to use it. If it really becomes a issue I can rewrite it.
Tied of trying to figure out iLVL or DPS in game. Check this out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/594346
"
Nipper4369 wrote:
If it really becomes a issue I can rewrite it.
No need to rewrite!
10 pages and still no reply from GGG? Usually silence implies consent or maybe GGG are still debating about this in their office?

The problem with the scripts is they often hammer the server with commands which creates lag for everyone.

You should just ask GGG to build in the functionality you desire.
"
Zvim wrote:
The problem with the scripts is they often hammer the server with commands which creates lag for everyone.

You should just ask GGG to build in the functionality you desire.

That's the thing with this script it does not hammer the server at all with commands. The Ctrl+C to copy item data to clipboard is 100% client side. No commands sent to server. This even works with the servers lagged out that's how I know.
Tied of trying to figure out iLVL or DPS in game. Check this out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/594346
+1. This is pretty cool, thanks! I just got into using autohotkey, just for simple /oos, trade channel spam, and quick log out stuff. Does a formatted text version of the script exist? It's a mess looking at everything left-justified.

I can't understand how one can argue "not typing /itemlevel is totally cheating!" or how pulling up the calculator and doing (X+Y)/2*Z is immersing or something. Truth is, simple things like raw DPS should already be in the game's tooltips. Everything can be improved upon and this is merely a step in the right direction. I cringe everyday I see coworkers pull up the Windows calculator and repeat the same number crunch with the same equation over, and over, and over, and over - !@#$%!!! ...

Still, using autohotkey kind of reminds me of the Pindle-bot for D2...
"
BeardyWill wrote:
But if there's an incentive to make this program, then there must be an advantage to using it.

Like I said, there's already a way to check itemlevel. Use that.

I have a 7 button mouse.

That gives me an advantage over people who only have a 2 or 3 button mouse.

Does that mean that I can't use it?

Stop trolling.

People come here trying to help the community not get screwed over by scamming experienced traders, and you have a problem with that?

If you don't like it, pretend you never saw it. We don't all have hours to ALT+TAB, paste, read. We don't all get a kick out of trading, but also see that it's important to succeeding later on in the game.

It's not a hack.
It's not giving you access to anything in the game code.
It's not even talking to the server.

It does save someone 5 seconds of time (on a fast PC), and potentially 15 seconds of time on a slow PC.

Because your PC can ALT+TAB, paste into notepad, and ALT+TAB back into the game in 5 seconds, that gives you a distinct time advantage over my machine, which takes closer to 20 seconds to perform the same action (because it can't handle being run windowed+full screen). Do I bitch and complain at you? No. Well there we go.

Grow up, and strap on a pair.

Geeez.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info