Pre-Season Races and 1.0.0g Patch

A Race in Path of Exile is a fresh league that lasts for a few hours where players try to get to the highest possible level. Races test both playskill (being able to kill monsters efficiently and not die) and knowledge of the game (where to level up best, what vendor recipes are most time efficient, etc).

Race events are generally hardcore (when you die, you're eliminated) but you can enter multiple times by just creating another character in the race).

In many races (not Descent, not Endless Ledge), your character is retained after the race including all its items.

To enter a Race, use the button underneath your character list after you log in. They're advertised half an hour beforehand, so just join before the start time. Initially players are unable to move until the race starts. At the end of the race, everyone freezes, but monsters will finish their current attack so be careful.

Each race has a ladder in the Events forum.

The calendar of races is here. Upcoming ones are also listed on the main news page and the character screen in-game.

The easiest way to find out what races are about is just to play them. If you have any other questions, just ask! Community members are generally happy to help out.

Edit: More formal rules for competitive race events are here.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 7, 2013, 12:19:51 AM
I win the race.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Perfect!
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
I win the race.

I'm always second. Or third. Or fourth. Or 10 324th. Or last. :(
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
Sweet!
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
I would have been first if Clive didn't throw those banana peels on the floor.
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
are harbinger bows with crit getting fixed in the next big patch?
"
Jim_Fear wrote:
I would have been first if Clive didn't throw those banana peels on the floor.

I am just lucky you were out of red shells.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
What's the word on how the races are going to be homed this season? Pre-season races don't say.
One-month non-hardcore cut-throat please :))))))))))))))

i have build to try yes i do
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info