1.0.0f Patch and Data about League Distributions and Map-only Uniques

So,

That reply from Chris makes things clear then. GGG wants you to have to spend currency/time in order to grind for the maps that have the chance of producing *some* of the highest level uniques as a means of incentivizing the amount of time/currency the player expends in order to produce the maps.

kind of a snake eating its tail sort of thing.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I have always thought the map system was horrible, I have no idea why they based it off of RNG, it makes absolutely no sense to me.

I have to agree, this map system is the worst.
Everything is fine and balanced till you get to maps, then game just becomes a MMO with raiding and Auction House.
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
So,

That reply from Chris makes things clear then. GGG wants you to have to spend currency/time in order to grind for the maps that have the chance of producing *some* of the highest level uniques as a means of incentivizing the amount of time/currency the player expends in order to produce the maps.

kind of a snake eating its tail sort of thing.

Seems to be the case. Can't say I'm not disappointed but it's not my game to design. Will struggle to find motivation to play from now on though :(
"
Aux wrote:
Readability
I don't know how many times the subject of showing ilvl on the item tooltip has come up throughout closed/open betas. Each time it was met with GGG resistance that it was too confusing. The difference between required level to equip and item level was too confusing for players to understand, thus is hidden behind a /itemlevel command.

I've never understood this. Just how stupid does GGG think gamers are these days?
Calm down people.

Kaom's Heart: 78 - Isn't required for a build
Shavronne's Wrappings: 78 - enables a powerful build, but was nerfed. should be more common
Voltaxic Rift: 78 - not required for a build
Void Battery: 77 - not required for a build
Thunderfist: 76 - not required for a build
Mon'tregul's Grasp: 75 - not sure about this one
Rathpith Globe: 74 - not required for a build
Devoto's Devotion: 74 - someone cares for this one?
Lioneye's Remorse: 73 - Not required for a build
Ming's Heart: 73 - not required for a build
Auxium: 72 - just get a dream frag
Andvarius: 71 - shouldn't even exist
Lioneye's Glare: 71 - honestly, with bows being buffed I don't think LG is that great any more
Divinarius: 71 - not required for a build

Really, the only one that enables a build is Shav's. Just use rares, this was obviously what GGG wanted, and I'm fine with that.
Only made it to page 9, what a QQ fest.
"
Idioticus wrote:
Calm down people.

Kaom's Heart: 78 - Isn't required for a build
Shavronne's Wrappings: 78 - enables a powerful build, but was nerfed. should be more common
Voltaxic Rift: 78 - not required for a build
Void Battery: 77 - not required for a build
Thunderfist: 76 - not required for a build
Mon'tregul's Grasp: 75 - not sure about this one
Rathpith Globe: 74 - not required for a build
Devoto's Devotion: 74 - someone cares for this one?
Lioneye's Remorse: 73 - Not required for a build
Ming's Heart: 73 - not required for a build
Auxium: 72 - just get a dream frag
Andvarius: 71 - shouldn't even exist
Lioneye's Glare: 71 - honestly, with bows being buffed I don't think LG is that great any more
Divinarius: 71 - not required for a build

Really, the only one that enables a build is Shav's. Just use rares, this was obviously what GGG wanted, and I'm fine with that.

Voltaxic and Mon'tregul's are very interesting uniques that you can tailor builds around. I have absolutely NO idea why Mon'tregul's is behind an ilvl75 barrier. It's not exactly the most in-demand unique in the universe. Instead of costing 2-3 exalts, it's now going to be orders of magnitude more expensive. Sad days :(
Last edited by SNORLAXIO on Nov 6, 2013, 2:04:58 AM
"
Blutausnord wrote:

page 11 is where it started to get interesting. you should read it lol
kept me entertained for nearly 2 hours XD
"
Blutausnord wrote:

Great feedback, thank you come again.
I hate the item distribution system in this game. The heavily manipulated drop table is almost a sarcasm compared to d2's treasure class system.

For example, players can find a valuable wizard set amulet by farming Morphisto in nightmare level(even with a low chance - as I remember 1 in 26 unidentified set amulets). Yet POE have shattered my pleasure of such --- finding an Andvarius in normal merveil run.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info