Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

So what happens to people of SEA playing on the current realms? Will there be any account conversion? Or will they be creating new to start over?
"
metal_spider wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation that the Path of Exile worldwide client will not be locked out for users from this affected region. Quite a number of us have spent a considerable amount of effort, time and even money on the "real" version of PoE and would rather not be shoehorned into some regional offshoot.

Here are some concerns I forsee by running 2 separate versions of the game:

-Real-life friends locked away from each other's versions as they might only wish to participate and progress in their own respective chosen versions.

-Existing PoE players unwilling to transition to a fresh start from the regional versions having already accrued ingame progress in the form of gear, characters, achievement, challenges and race event standings.

-Remaining credit/GGG points in the main client that cannot be transferable to the Garena version

-Out of sync (desynced?) patches from main version and regional version where patches of the regional version may come in weeks or months after the official PoE build.

-Regional flavour added to the game in terms of out-of-place cosmetics, events and artwork that don't blend in well with the original vision of the game. Imagine the Witch in a schoolgirl uniform being sold for 200 GGG points simply because the region desires it.

-Possibility of a Singapore gateway shutdown/lockout upon release date of the regional version, forcing existing players to either start anew via Garena or tolerate a downgrade in connectivity performance by opting to play on the remaining America/Euro/Aus gateways.

I can't vouch for Garena's track record here having tried none of the games on their service, but this seems to be a pretty unpopular decision amongst the PoE fans who have already supported your cause from Day 1.

All of this.

But noting that the decision has already been made and most probably contracts signed.

My three wishes on how to get this done:

1) Unless local laws require the severs to be separate, garena players should still be on the world servers. Only difference should be Garena's interface to buy credits. Redemption should still fall under ggg's store. (In a sense garena will sell ggg e credit cards but not in the items the points are used for)

2) Get a strong promise and agreement from Garena that they will never tilt the game mechanics from f2p to p2win. PoE's unique system for f2p yet not p2win at all is why it has achieved the success and accreditations it has today.

3) Races will be the biggest benefit out of all this. Because of time zone, players who have a day job will have some fighting chance for the top end rewards.

In the sad case that serers must be seperated, my wish is for the two versions to be closely synced in terms of races rules and structure, but maybe Garena can arrange the races and prizes. Please avoid Hearthstone's current "entrance fee" scheme for races if you can.
"
Karacks wrote:
please publish in south korea. im suffering..ㅜㅜ

Aren't your government setting a label on the gaming along sides with other forms of addiction?
http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/11/south-korea-government-set-to-label-online-gaming-as-an-addiction/

I too would agree with other on fragmenting the English gaming community into different portions is retarded. And should be avoided, if you want to have it for a different langauge then go a head.
GG GGG
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
I've read the title about Garena and PoE (skipped the Asia part -_-) and my heart dropped. As a player from Russia, who is still waiting for PoE on Steam I was devastated by the possibility that it will never come to and instead garena will "handle" our territory. After thouroughly reading I understand that at this time it's unconfirmed if Russia will go to garena this way.

Please tell me you will still make PoE available in Steam for Russia. Please.
Garena is horrible and most of CIS-scene cannot fathom using it ever.
:S Not a fan of Garena. Bad Servers/Forum Moderators/Biased and all that.

Source: First hand experience.

From what I know, accounts in worldwide realms can log into Garena servers. But are the accounts created in Garena server able to access worldwide realm?
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
"
THtan wrote:
So what happens to people of SEA playing on the current realms? Will there be any account conversion? Or will they be creating new to start over?
It sounds like they can choose to keep playing like they are now, with absolutely no change. If they want to play on the new Garena server, they will have to make a new account.

"
Roleplayer wrote:
I've read the title about Garena and PoE (skipped the Asia part -_-) and my heart dropped. As a player from Russia, who is still waiting for PoE on Steam I was devastated by the possibility that it will never come to and instead garena will "handle" our territory. After thouroughly reading I understand that at this time it's unconfirmed if Russia will go to garena this way.

Please tell me you will still make PoE available in Steam for Russia. Please.
Garena is horrible and most of CIS-scene cannot fathom using it ever.
Why is Steam so important? You still have access to all of the same game content without Steam. Steam was good for introducing new players to the game, but as far as adding actual functionality, it didn't do anything.
My reflexive response when I saw Garena was "oh god no"; I am relieved to see that there will be no region lock.
"
From what I know, accounts in worldwide realms can log into Garena servers. But are the accounts created in Garena server able to access worldwide realm?
I think accounts in worldwide realms can not log into the Garena servers. Accounts created on the Garena servers can not log on to the worldwide realms. They are separate entities.

However, anyone in the world can choose to play on the worldwide servers (with an account made on pathofexile.com) if they want to. There won't be IP blocks or any region restrictions like that.
"
Wisdom wrote:
Why is Steam so important? You still have access to all of the same game content without Steam. Steam was good for introducing new players to the game, but as far as adding actual functionality, it didn't do anything.

Well. Aside from most social features (friendlists, statistics, social hubs) we all love Steam for it has functionality which GGG seems to need (regional payment options at least). But to me it's more like a statement of intent to not give this out to garena and not split the future community of this game.

PS. Still I have to admit that promise of no region locks relieves the stress of seeing garena handle things a little bit. Giving choice is not bad I think (as long as people who chose to never interact with garena do not suffer inequality and restrictions)
Last edited by Roleplayer on Nov 5, 2013, 12:40:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info