Garena will publish Path of Exile in Southeast Asia

I am happy for GGG as this is another step in making this game bigger than it is now.

I have ditched Garena long ago. I am not going to join the Garena version anyway.

A few requests:
1. I want to have steam integration in Singapore too, so i can play with my friends and use steam as a mode of communication.
2. please make sure the Singapore gateway will remain, so i can play at a good ping and still interact with my in-game friends from out of the country.

Though my gut feeling is telling me it is not cost efficient to maintain 2 servers , i.e. GGG's and Garena's while splitting the player population of the same region. If ip restrictions were inevitable in the future, please at least allow a full account transfer of SEA players.

Thank you, Chris and team! Love the game! :)
"
darklunatica wrote:
I am happy for GGG as this is another step in making this game bigger than it is now.

I have ditched Garena long ago. I am not going to join the Garena version anyway.

A few requests:
1. I want to have steam integration in Singapore too, so i can play with my friends and use steam as a mode of communication.
2. please make sure the Singapore gateway will remain, so i can play at a good ping and still interact with my in-game friends from out of the country.

Though my gut feeling is telling me it is not cost efficient to maintain 2 servers , i.e. GGG's and Garena's while splitting the player population of the same region. If ip restrictions were inevitable in the future, please at least allow a full account transfer of SEA players.

Thank you, Chris and team! Love the game! :)

Regarding using the Steam client of PoE in countries which do not have PoE on their Steam storefronts, you can run this link (at your own risk).

steam://run/238960

I know of people who have already done this, but I have personally not linked my PoE account to Steam due to unknown ramifications that this may cause (especially with the incoming server split on Garena's launch).
awesome!
1:13:35:80
@LinhBeo
or @YamChi - rarely online with this
That is good news! Keep going!
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
as a Singaporean player, i'm happy to see that you're making inroads into asia. i do agree that the marketing power of garena will put you guys in good stead.

of course, i'd rather not have the server split but i'll just stick to your servers and make sure all my friends who play here now and in the future use the same.
GGG growing large:D

When I started to play 2 years ago GGG was a little cute duckling today it has grown into a full grown beautiful swan with ambitions:D

Congratulation guys you deserver it
I'm a player from SEA region, never had any issues getting the game and buying stuff directly from GGG here, thanks to Paypal.

The advantage I see is if Garena supports purchase of points through internet banking directly from local banks in Malaysia/Singapore. That way we can avoid Paypal which is costly to use to be honest. Conversion rates are high and they take cuts here and there.

We'll see how it goes. I certainly hope players don't need to create a new account with Gerena or something, lol.

Last edited by Hornet85 on Nov 5, 2013, 1:05:26 AM
At least it wasn't Nexon, then you'd have $1.20 miracle cubes instead of chaos orbs.
Does GGG have any plan to make a Chinese version POE and open a Chinese realm server?
As a Taiwanese player, I've recommended this game to lots of my friends
Though many of them heard that POE is at least ten times better than D3,
they still chose D3 rather than this game due to English problem.

Make a Chinese version POE plzzzzz, this certainly can let more Chinese people to enjoy the awesome game.
Last edited by louis10643 on Nov 5, 2013, 1:27:23 AM
"
Burmeister99 wrote:
GGG growing large:D

When I started to play 2 years ago GGG was a little cute duckling today it has grown into a full grown beautiful swan with ambitions:D

Congratulation guys you deserver it

This made me laugh, and I agree completely.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info