1200 fusings, no 6 link

"
EpsiIon wrote:
Guaranteed items, guaranteed ANYTHING in games such as these are always a tenuous thing. 6Ls guranteed? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. After said 6l fix would be implemented, what would those of us, at the top, reasonably decide to do afterwards?

It's a guarantee designed to actually affect almost nobody (only 1-5% of the population). Essentially everyone would get the 6L by chance before hitting the guarantee. The whole point is the psychological comfort.

And if you put the guarantee at 1500 fusings, that is absolutely the province of the ultrawealthy. I've played this beta on and off since September of 2011, have gotten a lot of characters to 70, and I've probably accumulated less than 1500 fusings worth of total wealth in that time.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Dec 3, 2012, 2:39:20 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:
Guaranteed items, guaranteed ANYTHING in games such as these are always a tenuous thing. 6Ls guranteed? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. After said 6l fix would be implemented, what would those of us, at the top, reasonably decide to do afterwards?

It's a guarantee designed to actually affect almost nobody (only 1-5% of the population). Essentially everyone would get the 6L by chance before hitting the guarantee. The whole point is the psychological comfort.

And if you put the guarantee at 1500 fusings, that is absolutely the province of the ultrawealthy. I've played this beta on and off since September of 2011, have gotten a lot of characters to 70, and I've probably accumulated less than 1500 fusings worth of total wealth in that time.

1500? I think I played for 3 weeks, and made that amount, mostly within 6 days of hardcore farming.

Half of the reason 6ls are so rare alone is the psychological FEAR of the wealth sink that it is. The issue is, however, once you have NO OTHER viable way of obtaining an upgrade, basically that best-in-slot gear on everything, and upgrades are going to be years apart, and you start putting fusings into your 6s for 6l, you realize how little you need it, how little currency means in this game, and how WELL 6ls serve the economy.

I have made exactly 4 6ls in my PoE existance. Only one took more then 500 fusings. While this sample size is abysmally small, it serves to illustrate the point that, 6l psychological fear alone, likely makes the 6l pool much smaller then it is.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Dec 3, 2012, 2:44:56 AM
I heard, rumour has it, a little rat whispered into my ear late one night, a lucky player got a 6L on his first attempt, hell why not, he thought...
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Unavailable

1 Fusing. Pay no attention to the 2k+ alts, 500+ chaos, 5+ exalt stacks etc that went into the thoroughly mediocre final result you see here!

Anyway, i get that chrome/jewel/fuse rng is apparently less interesting/acceptable than that of chaos, exalted etc to alot of players due to the linear and extremely limited permutations available, but that said, the end results of all those massively varied chaos rolls are ultimately the same come extreme endgame (where youd be looking for 6 links or perfect affixes); if its not 5-6 links or 5-6 strong affixes, its junk and gets rerolled. Its due to this fact that i dont find the current fusing functionality (or any of the random orbs, for that matter) to be an issue.

As for guaranteed anything: No. Thats a recipe for disaster in this sort of game. The total lack of randomness on gem mods and gcp effects should make a great example of this come ob.

Edit: And lastly, a 6 link is a pure luxury item that no one needs. You can clear rare 69 maps with nothing but average rares and 4 links. Not liking the idea of gambling all your wealth away for a 6 link and getting nothing as a result? Dont gamble!
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Dec 3, 2012, 3:33:22 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
I heard, rumour has it, a little rat whispered into my ear late one night, a lucky player got a 6L on his first attempt, hell why not, he thought...

And thats it...

Unavailable

Trying for something always will end in dissapointment. I personally throw 1 fuse on every 6s that i get.. If it creates anything, sweet, otherwise, 7 jewlers and ur still profiting.
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The only way I'd support a guaranteed link is if it was insanely high. I mean 3-6k fusings high.

Like I said I was able to gather 1k in a week. Ya it sucks that I dumped that much of my wealth and came away with nothing but something that can be achieve in a week isn't hard. You're saying 1.5k which would take me 2 weeks at a slower pace. 2 weeks for a BIS item isn't not reasonable.

On top of all that I dislike the idea of guaranteed anything in a game based of balancing good/bad. Should I roll my own gear or wait for something good to come on the market? Should I spend 20 gcps on my lvl 20 gems or buy one and lvl it? Should I risk going broke trying to make a 6l or wait for one to come up for sale. These are good dilemmas to have in a game.

A game that is easy to beat/get best gear gets boring VERY quickly. Hence why I was able to put 100 hours into skyrim then walk away never wanting to play again and why when a race happens I'll happily dump close to 100 hours into PoE and still play after the race is over.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Let's not put an actual number on it. I'm putting a percentage on it, tuned to the actual chance of 6L, which we don't know.

Would you be opposed to a guarantee that affected the unluckiest 1% of people going for 6L, increasing the availability of 6L by 1%?

I really have to stress that my guarantee proposal has almost NO effect on the 'ease' of getting a 6L. It's entirely a psychological ploy to make people feel better.

Now, Epsilon thinks that people fearing fusings is a good thing. I don't think that outweighs the crushing despair of bad fusing luck though :p
Last edited by aimlessgun on Dec 3, 2012, 6:06:22 AM
I deleted a templar lvl 70 with a 500 armor/400 es 6l
no fusings used it was a white loot
If a week of playing and not getting anything back is resonable to you guys, I wonder whats not resonable.
We are not talking about end game gear lvl 90, but about some 50-60 gear(atm this is endgame); so, we wont get a 6l ever?Or is it worth to spend weeks for a 6l that is level 60?

When is worth doing a 6l?
Lvl 90 and ilvl 69 gear is the same thing for ES users.

A 6L is the very first thing I aim to achieve.

On the note of a guaranteed 6L, I don't EVER want to feel like the game OWED it to me. That takes away from the good feeling I get when I do roll one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info