1200 fusings, no 6 link

I'm sure there are people who have had worse luck than me, but I just thought I'd point out how dumb fusing orbs are currently. We have maps as a currency sink, is it really necessary for it to take more than several hundred fusings for a 6 link? This is just a really dumb grind at the moment.

Why are fusing orbs completely RNG anyway? It's stupid that some people get a 6 link with 20 fusings while others require more then a thousand. If I'm using chaos orbs on armour or a weapon there are a lot of different mods or combination of mods I could get that could make the item good, the same isn't true for fusings. Unlike other orbs there aren't multiple positive outcomes when you use a fusing, either you get the links you want or the item sucks and is likely completely unusable.

I've kept a log of the fusings I've used, and how many it generally takes to get a 5 link. Here it is if anyone is curious:
Spoiler
15 fusings 5 link

49 fusings 5 link

85 fusings 5 link

172 fusings 5 link

79 fusings 5 link

262 fusings 5 link

30 fusings 5 link

49 fusings 5 link

97 fusings 5 link

72 fusings 5 link

75 fusings 5 link

215 fusings 5 link

1200 fusings total 12 5 links total

From what I've seen the odds of getting a 5 link are 1 in 100, but sometimes it takes more then 200, which is pretty absurd. Why not change the way fusings work to add some consistency to them? For example, change 5 links so you can't get one with less then 50 fusings and you're guaranteed to get one at 150 fusings. And then do the same for 6 links, say if the odds are 1 in 500 you can't get one with less than 250 fusings and you're guaranteed to get one once you use 750. That's still a ridiculously stupid grind but at least people won't get screwed completely.

I know stuff being random is a part of this game but fusing orbs being completely random just isn't fun, add some consistency please.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Take away the low end for 6L.

No thanks.

Chris once said if there was a recipe for 6L for 1500 fusings, would you do it?

Also, mind linking the item. I've been pondering something lately.

Maybe have a system where fusing a certain number of links will only result in a minimum amount of links, maybe 2 links below current number. For example, fusing a 5l item will only result in 3l+, and fusing a 4l item will only result in 2l+.
What are the chances to form a link between 2 sockets and getting no link?
Really curious about that ratio.
It seems as if there are a lot more *loose* sockets now, than I remember from the times of older game versions (more links).
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Take away the low end for 6L.

No thanks.

Chris once said if there was a recipe for 6L for 1500 fusings, would you do it?

Also, mind linking the item. I've been pondering something lately.

I think a recipe where you have to choose to either use 1500 fusings and maybe get a 6 link or sell 1500 fusings to a vendor and get one for sure is a bad idea. I'd rather that after you rolled 1500 fusings you just got 6 links automatically. 1500 fusings is way, way too much though. Also, you'd probably change your mind on removing the low end if it took you over a thousand to (not) get one.

This is the item I'm trying to link:
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Join the club pal. 1k on marohi and no 6l, mouze has done about 1.2k I think he said but the winner is bash with 2.3k fusings and no 6l.

I don't mind that 6ls are hard. There's already like 10+ 6ls in default and this ladder has been running like 2-3 months. I like there not being too many.

My complaint is how alch=fusing. Even with the now old alch recipe I was able to turn out 50-100 alchs a day then I'd need to find people willing to take all those alchs in return for fusings. It's basically a week of worth to get 1k fusings while making fusings more rare and flooding the market with alchs.

I've said in a few different threads I've had many great items made from 1 alch. I have yet to get a 6l period or a 5l from 1 fusing.

With the vendor recipes 3 jewelers = chrom but chroms sell for 1 alt usually which is worth 2 jewelers. Meanwhile fusings are selling for 4 jewelers. I'd like to see the vendor recipe changed so that chroms sell for 1-2 alts and fusings sell for 2 jewelers. While you'll still need somewhere between 500-3k fusings for 6l, at least you can get them easier with a 6s item giving you 2 fusings rather than 1.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
My problem with 6 links isn't that they're hard to get, it's that they're so random. For example, Bash did get a 6 link, he 6 linked a crappy unique mace when I can only assume he was trying to 5 link it. 6 linking crappy items with barely any fusings while using 2.3k on an item you actually want to 6 link and not getting one is dumb.

E: Also, there's only 4 or 5 people who have spent over a thousand fusings and not gotten one. Would having 14 instead of 10 really be too much?
Last edited by Danos on Dec 3, 2012, 1:02:39 AM
Considering that's almost a 50% increase. Yes.

The reason Chris said 1500 fusings, is because you're eliminating the risk.

I have had 2 6L. Made them both. The first I was lucky and got it under 100, the 2nd I got before I got a 5L, this was after around 275-300 fusings.

If you wish to eliminate the RNG from a RNG based game, there should be an extremely high price.

Having a 6L is akin, to me, of being one of the few, you achieved something despite the odds. Since, in all honesty, once you get it, you're done with that slot forever as well. That's HUGE.

I'm sorry your luck hasn't been kind, I really am, its just this is "it" for uber high end fuck me running gear. I don't want it to be a sure thing, and I don't want it to be made more likely to get. Otherwise, it won't mean as much.
In the last gigantic fusing thread, I suggested that there be a certain number of fuses that automatically grants a 6L. The number would be calibrated to chop off the very tail end of the bell curve, resulting in maybe 1-5% more 6L in circulation.

The actual effects would not be large, but the psychological effects I think would be very helpful. So you know that all those fusings you are spending are at least working towards something. Right now you can spend your 1000th fusing and get incredibly depressed because fusing 1001 has the exact same chance to get your 6L, and you've gotten absolutely nowhere.

"
aimlessgun wrote:
In the last gigantic fusing thread, I suggested that there be a certain number of fuses that automatically grants a 6L. The number would be calibrated to chop off the very tail end of the bell curve, resulting in maybe 1-5% more 6L in circulation.

The actual effects would not be large, but the psychological effects I think would be very helpful. So you know that all those fusings you are spending are at least working towards something. Right now you can spend your 1000th fusing and get incredibly depressed because fusing 1001 has the exact same chance to get your 6L, and you've gotten absolutely nowhere.

Unavailable

38 fusings. Jelly?

However, more on topic.

I concur with slurms'

6Ls are neither hard to buy, nor are they exceedingly hard to make, not considering the dev stance and the general player positions against 6ls. I have found a 6l. Moosifer has found a 6l. I know of someone who has found 3 6ls in this ladder.

This game's main draw is the effects of luck vs time. Thus, it always brings the illusion of "Averages". Guaranteed items, guaranteed ANYTHING in games such as these are always a tenuous thing. 6Ls guranteed? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. After said 6l fix would be implemented, what would those of us, at the top, reasonably decide to do afterwards?

TL;DR:

6Ls are not for anyone near the bottom end. Only the extremely lucky among the extremely wealthy are supposed to have them. They are utterly unnecessary and ludicrously overkill.

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info