1.0.0 pure aura build (7 auras working on more)

Might as well lable this build standard league. You can't run more then 1 aura on life in HC, even at 10% or less each.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
Might as well lable this build standard league. You can't run more then 1 aura on life in HC, even at 10% or less each.

You dont have to run seven auras, purity could easily be dropped if u just grab gear with resists on it. The problem with this build being used in hardcore has nothing to do with the end game and everything to do with leveling up to it. As i stated in the first post, i used the full passive reset on my old aura character in order to make my passive tree work.
Last edited by Schmeelk on Nov 15, 2013, 11:59:37 AM
Ok so I discovered the effect of Reduced Mana gems does stack.
Or maybe I was the only one who didn't know. Or its a bug.

An extra reduced gem may free some passives (but obviously take a socket space that may be needed for something else) right?
*COUGH COUGH*!
Last edited by Garompa on Nov 15, 2013, 9:54:25 PM
"
Garompa wrote:
Ok so I discovered the effect of Reduced Mana gems does stack.
Or maybe I was the only one who didn't know. Or its a bug.

An extra reduced gem may free some passives (but obviously take a socket space that may be needed for something else) right?

Ummm, yeah it doesn't work. You can't stack support gems. Already knowing that I still gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried it on my character with two lvl 18 reduced mana gems and nothing happened. So unfortunately we are still stuck with minimum of 20% mana reduction fer the 60% auras.
After playing around a bit with blood magic and the reduced reserve passive that comes with the keystone I've pretty much decided that going BM (not support gem) and trying to use auras is pointless. Even without any reduce passives you can run 2 auras on your mana using a reduced man support gem. Using the BM keystone and trying to run auras on it is pointless, even with a prism guardian. It simply takes too much life, even with all the reduce passives my character would only be able to reduce an aura down to 7% of my life. GGG needs to either buff the passive after the Keystone or just get rid of it because I don't see anyone effectively using it.
Can I ask a simple question? I am very curious about your build but I would like to add a very small difference. Does "increased weapon elemental damage" and lava lash or cold bite increase the damage you get from your Anger and Hatred aura? Thanks guys
"
Honestgabe wrote:
Can I ask a simple question? I am very curious about your build but I would like to add a very small difference. Does "increased weapon elemental damage" and lava lash or cold bite increase the damage you get from your Anger and Hatred aura? Thanks guys

Yes, increased weapon elemental damage does work on auras. I have yet to try lava lash, cold bite, arcing blow, but I'm quiet sure they do work with the individual elements/auras. So if you're running Hatred for a 20% increase in damage then cold bite would increase your cold damage by 30% for a total of a 6% increase to physical damage. I would suggest the 24% increase to all elemental damage over that.
"
Makivante wrote:

Interesting, almost completely the same as my build but from the opposite direction. The main difference being mine is melee and yours is long ranged so our choice of auras are different. I went with determination instead of discipline. Also you aren't really taking advantage of the increase weapon elemental damage that A LOT of my post are on. Right now I do 77-1273 lightning damage and my aura is only level 18 right now so I have two more level to go on it. I'm glad other people are trying out the same idea though!
On my wishlist for this character is actually one of the new kaom's heart chest pieces because the life added is more than enough for me and the added fire damage would be an insane buff to my damage. Anyone selling one of these fer cheap? I doubt it....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info