Where are we meant to farm?

"
BRavich wrote:
How on earth is the Cave just as good as Dread Thicket? There's no chest, it takes longer to find, and it is a lower level.

It has no guaranteed chest, but you may have to clean it fully to find one.
And its only 'hard' to find once each time you start farming it (as long as its possible to create new instances) The biggest advantage with Dread Thicket is, that if you dont exceed the instance timer on Pools and Streams, you can clean it once (from WP to sub entrance), set a portal and use it like forever, while running back to the next attempt from the WP.

Population: monkeys are in both areas, but the spiders dont run away - and rock golems much less risky than the poison snakes...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
"
Funcrusher wrote:
ledge->fell->dread thicket->pyramid->maps

Not sure why people rate Ledge so highly. Act2 has much higher density of mobs & higher potential for sellable gear bonus'. IMO The Ledge isn't a good spot for currency farming. Fellshrine is ok as it has lot of rares & a ton of chests but again the mob density isn't as great as some areas where you can literally be none-stop killing in a loop.

The ledge's popularity has a lot to do with it being a low risk area with nothing but slow mobs, so you're not really taking a chance of dying.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
That lightning totem guy in the Ledge is anything but low risk.
But Kuduku can easily be skipped/passed.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Skipping the boss is terribad farming when compared to areas that have ridiculously easy bosses. The reason I also think Ledge sucks as a farm spot is because the mob density is well below areas in Act2. The area where the WP spawns is empty in both directions for about 2 screens. Not to mention low item levels, so basically no chance of a bonus sale is also a factor. For me Ledge isn't even towards to top of the list of decent farming spots.
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
How on earth is the Cave just as good as Dread Thicket? There's no chest, it takes longer to find, and it is a lower level.

It has no guaranteed chest, but you may have to clean it fully to find one.
And its only 'hard' to find once each time you start farming it (as long as its possible to create new instances) The biggest advantage with Dread Thicket is, that if you dont exceed the instance timer on Pools and Streams, you can clean it once (from WP to sub entrance), set a portal and use it like forever, while running back to the next attempt from the WP.

Population: monkeys are in both areas, but the spiders dont run away - and rock golems much less risky than the poison snakes...

I suppose. That just doesnt apply for my build, since I'm a molten shell/tempest shield templar.

In other news, I find that brutus drops by far the most rare items compared to other bosses, and you only have to make your way through the upper prison, since the lower prison is considered a different instance.
IGN: Iolar
"
That lightning totem guy in the Ledge is anything but low risk.

The lightning totem is completely 0 risk if you have a ranged attack and play on wide screen compressed resolution.

I agree with your other assessments of the map though. For me it's more of a levelling spot than a farming one.
Last edited by S_SienZ on Dec 1, 2012, 9:05:50 PM
It is very clear to me that the devs do not want there to be an easy/predictable/repeatable way to farm uniques.

I spent a whole shit-tonne of time killing Kuduku when my sword was put into the game. He's perfect for whalebone rapier drops and I got, oh, 5+ Silverbranches. Thanks, you phallic static charger. Thanks a lot.

I finally found it at random in act 2. People tend to find my level 7 unique in maps too. Always fun to watch them bitch about how useless it is. :)

I tried Chancing one too. Over a hundred orbs later, I had a lot of blue whalebone rapiers.

Point being, I think you can improve your odds for acquiring a desired unique (find a boss that can drop it based on itemlevel, maybe taking into account the socket count via itemlevel, raise your IIR appropriately, etc.), but you cannot farm them without a very high risk of getting far more blues and yellows.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info