Where are we meant to farm?

There are plenty of efficient ways to generate currency, you just have to experiment.
And i agree that there should be some ways to get a chance at specific uniques, but not all of them. I don't see dream fragments as one that would have something like that, but rather Hyrri/Kaom boss battles where they can drop their associated uniques (Silverbranch, Hyrri's Mark, Hyrri's Ire, Kaom's Heart, Kaom's Primacy, Kaom's Sign)

Fairgraves for his hat could be an interesting one to implement, but you can't really run fairgraves over and over.
Last edited by Xendran on Nov 29, 2012, 5:11:38 PM
Odd, lethal, I read both your posts completely and I feel I answered your question.

The three methods I mentioned are extremely efficient for farming.

If you want a dream fragment you really just have to pick up and chance every sapphire ring you find while maintaining a super fast kill speed.

Blue maps are NOT expensive, you'll average 1 transmute, 1 augment, 1 alter per map. Based on

I) apply transmute orb ->
II)third of the time get an un-winnable mod for you. Apply alter, go back to II.
III) Mods are good? OK. Half the time get only one mod. Apply Augment
IV) quarter of the time get an un-winnable mod. Apply alter, go back to II.
V) all mods easy? Run map.

I'm not talking about map progression here where you're looking for specific valuable mods to increase your odds of dropping more maps. Map drop rate is so high now that you can just spam garbage maps and never run out. I'm talking about farming level 60 maps where your entire goal is to spend almost no currency rolling. If your "exclusion list" of dangerous map mods is short (and it should be) you should be averaging, like I said, 1 trans, 1 aug, 1 alter. That's equivalent to vendoring 5 rares and picking up 1 transmute, all of which you should get by odds.

It's a pittance. If farming 60 level maps is a money pit for you, you're doing something wrong.

We do NOT want a baal in this game. Please god, no. World farming is so much more entertaining. You can farm vaal if you really want to, it's not bad at all if your build dispatches him easily. Skip trash, kill only champs/rares, rush the boss.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 29, 2012, 5:56:45 PM
ledge->fell->dread thicket->pyramid->maps

if you want a specific item you have to craft it, in terms of unique items you need to chance a lot hehe have fun.
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
"
Zakaluka wrote:

you'll average 1 transmute, 1 augment, 1 alter per map

..what
"
Xendran wrote:

..what

Please, instead of trolling me, tell me what exactly you disagree with. After thoroughly reading my reasoning, which I've laid out pretty clearly.

When my plan is to not progress but just spam blue 60s until the end of time for currency and rares to stash? I spend almost nothing on them. Tell me why you spend more than I do.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 29, 2012, 6:03:09 PM
Well, if you just want to run maps and probably run out of maps, then you probably won't have to spend much more than Zakaluka suggests.
"
Flab wrote:
and probably run out of maps

Funny, my stash keeps filling up with maps when I'm not willing to spend anything rolling them. I just don't progress upwards. Spending huge amounts of currency to roll the right mods is for progressing upwards in map level.

Fire (dev): We've raised map drop rates again
Fire (dev): Much higher than we expected to ever raise them
(sorry this is a paraphrase)

Was anyone else around for that? Beginning of last standard HC 1week race.

I'm talking about using 60 maps to farm currency and mass rares. You guys are talking about map progression.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 29, 2012, 6:10:02 PM
Oh you can absolutely end up with enough low level maps eventually. Just isn't necessarily universally applicable, like when you start doing maps, or for higher level maps.
"
Funcrusher wrote:
ledge->fell->dread thicket->pyramid->maps

Not sure why people rate Ledge so highly. Act2 has much higher density of mobs & higher potential for sellable gear bonus'. IMO The Ledge isn't a good spot for currency farming. Fellshrine is ok as it has lot of rares & a ton of chests but again the mob density isn't as great as some areas where you can literally be none-stop killing in a loop.
the beauty of fellshrine is mob density doesn't matter... you don't have to fight the trash since everything is so slow, so the rate at which you're picking up good stuff is better. Time spent killing white mobs is a total waste (outside maps, obv).

Just run around and kill rares.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 29, 2012, 6:55:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info