Where are we meant to farm?

Maybe they could create a rare mob mod that will guarantee a unique drop if killed. It would be as rare as the 'wealth' mod, and automatically comes associated with buffs to make it extremely challenging to defeat (i.e. extra life, curses, active skills, spawns mobs, etc.).

Possibly have certain maps with an increased chance of this rare mob spawning. Associate the mob through it's back story and character development to a particular area of the map. Why it may be found there. What caused it to hoard the treasure type, etc.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
How on earth is the Cave just as good as Dread Thicket? There's no chest, it takes longer to find, and it is a lower level.
IGN: Iolar
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

..what

Please, instead of trolling me, tell me what exactly you disagree with. After thoroughly reading my reasoning, which I've laid out pretty clearly.

When my plan is to not progress but just spam blue 60s until the end of time for currency and rares to stash? I spend almost nothing on them. Tell me why you spend more than I do.

I don't think trolling means what you think it means. I was expressing a sense of disbelief, which is not trolling.
As a caster Cave is good because all the mobs are melee. There are tons of them, they are pretty fast & they are very easy to group up & kill. You still get the chest now & again but I think that because you can get the exit about 5mtrs from the exit doing repeat runs is very quick & doesn't cost a portal scroll. The lower level is less potential for random good rolls but the bulk of the currency (for me at least) comes from drops & selling rares. I would say they are on par in terms of efficiency.
Are we really going to use the cost of a portal scroll as a pro or con for farming an area repeatedly? Personally I have found Dread Thicket to be better simply because there are 2 uniques and a chest. When the Cave had it's chest it was undoubtedly better since it was faster to run, at least in my opinion, and I also like to farm Fel Shrine when I am not doing maps. Heck I even farm in the temple, lots of mobs, close quarters and tight groupings, unique at the top, possibility of chests.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

It wasn't really talking about the cost of the portal scroll, I was referring to having to go back to town & then WP back again. There is also a temptation to sell when you get back to town even if you aren't quite full. I have had the entrance to cave on the same screen as the exit before now, it makes it so there is a very short period of time between resets & you are straight back to killing. It's a minor min/max but in the long run saves some time & some annoyance of keep going through the loading screens. I don't use an SSD so my load times aren't exactly speedy.
Last edited by lethal_papercut on Nov 29, 2012, 7:58:04 PM
I think it's a matter of preference and luck. I would think the extra unique and guaranteed chest in Dread Thicket would outweigh the 5 seconds longer it takes to reset it then the Cave but that is what I believe.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Xendran wrote:

I don't think trolling means what you think it means. I was expressing a sense of disbelief, which is not trolling.

"

1. Trolling
The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 29, 2012, 9:09:44 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"

1. Trolling
The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue.

The assumption that something is deliberate is for you to make. If you think everyone that even remotely hints disbelief / disagreement is a troll, then the problem is with you.
"
Doing these runs & grinding them out is what helps keep games like these alive, people have been downing Baal & Diablo for the last 12years.

I disagree here: the reason for the longevity of D2 did not lay in the grinding - the grinding is only forced from the experience penalty at the upper end, making leveling >85 more and more a pure patience game. The 'real' reason are the ladder resets, that forces people to start from scratch - combined with the general attraction of the game.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info