Unable to connect to patching server

"
Mirage009 wrote:
Run as Administrator. Had the same thing pop up for me once. I ran it as admin and it went away and the patch notes loaded on the launcher.

Tried this cause it was the most simple solution and it worked :) Thanks a lot !!
i am also having this problem. After i first downloaded the game i had this problem. a little digging suggested trying to run a VPN client and connect through that. This worked for about 1 day. Now i am back to the same error "unable to connect to the patching server"

i have tried everything in this and other threads. please someone fix this. i was really enjoying the game.
I too am having this issue. I have no firewall running, I have tried running as administrator.

I can ping us.login.pathofexile.net fine.

Please fix!
Bump

Get it Fixed soon Please! D:]
All my friends are playing and I have to listen to them having fun while I am on the forums trying to fix this problem, Great game was really enjoying it untill now D:

I found a fix, if you are running norton you turn of the autoblocking in the settings, do the update then turn them back on. All good
Last edited by FabledDesert on Feb 20, 2013, 2:27:34 AM
Just logged into today in the morning and i started getting this error. I'll try all the available fixes and see if they work and will post back with whatever works. *sigh*
ok that was quick, very interesting. For some reason Norton didnt load this morning on startup. I started Norton and tried again and it started right up. I didnt mess with the settings either, so its reliant on Norton to run it seems, somehow locking itself alongside the program. Glad it works now though. We'll see how long, thanks for the help guys! :)
Any luck with a solution?

From what I can tell, I dont have any firewall issues and I dont have Norton but I'm not exactly the brightest button when it comes to the computer so not sure what else to try.

I've been waiting to play this game since they were interviewing people for the team!
"
Treznor wrote:
ok that was quick, very interesting. For some reason Norton didnt load this morning on startup. I started Norton and tried again and it started right up. I didnt mess with the settings either, so its reliant on Norton to run it seems, somehow locking itself alongside the program. Glad it works now though. We'll see how long, thanks for the help guys! :)

Lol u just helped me with ou tknowing ;p
ING=FireKittenCat
Very strange. For some reason Norton was turned off and when I turned it back on it worked.
i am getting frustrated with this.... i was able to install the game... was able to start the 5.6 gb file patch... when it got to 4.4 gb, i got the error where the client cannot access the server...
running the client as admin, i am directly connected to the modem and I am still getting the error...I have tried more than 4 times now in trying to play the game... where all my friends say that it is working on their end....

btw, i already added the client to firewall allowed list

*****updated: finally after trying to play this game since forever, it went through... hmmm nothing changed in my setup but at least it is letting me play now
Last edited by jcbat21 on Mar 17, 2013, 4:07:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info