Minion Instability and fire/burning damage

"Minion Instability is now scaled correctly by stats such as minion damage. This large functional change required its explosion to be reduced to 33% of the minion's life rather than 100%."

Does "stats" in "Minion Instability is now scaled correctly by stats such as minion damage."
Also include stats from items and passive such as "x% increased fire damage"/ "x%increased burning damage"
IGN: Jintoboy
"
Jintoboy wrote:
"Minion Instability is now scaled correctly by stats such as minion damage. This large functional change required its explosion to be reduced to 33% of the minion's life rather than 100%."

Does "stats" in "Minion Instability is now scaled correctly by stats such as minion damage."
Also include stats from items and passive such as "x% increased fire damage"/ "x%increased burning damage"

Short answer: no.

Long answer:

The damage is still inflicted by the minion, not you. Your passives only apply to damage done by your character, with the obvious exception of x% Increased Minion Damage passives. This change to Minion Instability allows modifiers for damage done by a minion to be applied to the explosion, where before the only relevant modifiers were for damage received by a particular enemy (e.g. Elemental Weakness).

As far as I know, aside from minion life (for base damage) and minion damage modifiers, the only other damage bonuses would be from auras on specters raised from rare enemies. That means dragging a specter around for its aura would be really useful if you were doing a lot of your damage with Instability. Player auras such as Wrath and Hatred wouldn't do any good because the explosion is not an attack.

Edit: I forgot all about Necromantic Aegis, which is lame because I'm playing a zookeeper witch with Aegis. Any spell damage on your shield should boost the explosion, and that could be a significant amount. That's fun because you'd use one kind of shield with tough zombie builds and another with disposable skeleton builds.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by OnmyojiOmn on Nov 4, 2012, 6:29:20 AM
Spectres cannot have auras since they are "scoured" of special modifiers such as auras. You can still have minions with auras by using dominating blow and the enemy dying being the blow (very fast) debuff runs out. Alternatively, use a conversation trap on the rare mob. Note that converted mobs are not considered minions.

In short: there is no pernament way to have an aura on your minions aside from yourself or another player.
Research can't start without a thought process. Listing and organizing is important, but to make it worthwhile to oneself requires thought.
"
Dodging_Rain wrote:
Spectres cannot have auras since they are "scoured" of special modifiers such as auras. You can still have minions with auras by using dominating blow and the enemy dying being the blow (very fast) debuff runs out. Alternatively, use a conversation trap on the rare mob. Note that converted mobs are not considered minions.

In short: there is no pernament way to have an aura on your minions aside from yourself or another player.

Specters keep skills, including auras. I run around with aura specters all the time.

"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:

Edit: I forgot all about Necromantic Aegis, which is lame because I'm playing a zookeeper witch with Aegis. Any spell damage on your shield should boost the explosion, and that could be a significant amount. That's fun because you'd use one kind of shield with tough zombie builds and another with disposable skeleton builds.

I have to find out whether bonus spell damage on a shield affects minion damage additively or multiplicatively. So with +100% minion damage my dudes are doing 200% of their normal damage. If I add, say, 50% spell damage, would it do 250% or 300%?
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Nov 4, 2012, 6:57:28 AM
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
Dodging_Rain wrote:

Specters keep skills, including auras. I run around with aura specters all the time.

I was wrong about this. Only minions from Dominating Blow keep auras.

Does the minion damage support gem augment the minion instability explosion?
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
"
ac429 wrote:

Yep. Melee Physical Damage and Melee Damage on Full Life, too.

"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:

The explosions is not melee damage and is not affected by melee damage modifiers.
It is affected by your minion damage, and any bonuses to fire, elemental, or area damage your minions have.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:

The explosions is not melee damage and is not affected by melee damage modifiers.
It is affected by your minion damage, and any bonuses to fire, elemental, or area damage your minions have.

brb, theorycrafting a fire-minion templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info