PvP Feedback

"
Heave wrote:
PvP at any time any place any lvl would be a good start dont you think??

1 qustion for you. Have you tried a Cut-Throat race?
Hateful post.
The possibility to play waged matches would be interesting. Like a trade window and when both players agree with the wages, then let the duel begin.
Last edited by Frozen_Phoenix on Feb 14, 2013, 1:48:45 PM
srsly who want to risk a good item when you cant know what opponent can do in pvp
equal duels are so hard to find mostly you got owned or stomp without chance to fight back
so what point of wages
Last edited by kiersz on Feb 14, 2013, 2:15:49 PM
I guess no one would risk without knowing the oponent, but if he knows he is on a close level with oponent, then why not.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
know level mean nothing
ppl soon realise it and when it happens we come to " no one would risk without knowing the oponent"
but yp ) some noobs lose some items

oh see many ppl who say hey you 28 and i just 20 when i take 28 i...(etc)
and i think nope my little noobie you still die 5-0
even when you take 2 friend you got same 5-0 )))
Last edited by kiersz on Feb 14, 2013, 2:58:12 PM
people might wager currency though... most likely they will want to keep their items.

But until it gets a little bit of balance no one is going to wager shit.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
[OPEN]

I'm a lvl 73 marauder and I have PVP'd quite a bit already. I find that freeze is a little OP. The 1v1 level is so tiny a mage can just spam totems from off screen and they cover half the level and freeze lock you. Even though I can 2-hit most mages, and it takes them like 10-15 hits to kill me with 75% cold resist - I can't move. I get freeze locked and I'm stuck until I die. There should be more than 1 ring and 1 pair of horrible boots that counter freezing imo. There should also be PVP brackets - I found myself fighting vs. a lvl 88 ... boring, as well as a lvl 61 ... boring. It's hard to get matched up with a player within your teir so that you can have a close battle.

PVP Suggestions:
- include rooms so when you are in queue you can be seen and players can choose to battle you based on seeing your class, level and name.
- balance disables so that you cant be stun-locked, freeze-locked, shock-locked. (this could be done by adding more items that prevent or lower chance; ie. 20% less chance to freeze and it can be stacked so players don't have to resort to paying like 3-8 exalted for a ring to be able to move vs freeze-based characters)
- make queues global so we don't have to keep leaving and choosing new instances in order to find a match
- make a 2v2/5v5 mode
- players that lose a pvp match drop an item with their name on it (like a tag) so you can keep the item after defeating the player for bragging rights
i dont understand why noone plays pvp?

i play as witch and i just kill most of other classes due to my speciality.. maybe noone likes witches, and bear traps and dual totems and flicker strikes? I dont know..

1. Maybe selecting the class you want to fight in pvp would highly increase pvpers..?

2. Maybe also add pool for everyone to select the reason they dont try/play often pvp?

3. Maybe encourage pvpers with prizes - 1chromatic/pvp?
small encourages would be enough..

p.s. players shouldnt even brag about class imbalance! Its pointless to balances unique classes+item combinations..
there is no need to balance crap gear vs great gear..
no need to balance spiky damage player vs tank player..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Feb 17, 2013, 5:30:02 PM
if ppl want play pvp
not just play but win most of games
ppl need to invest many time in farm and build
you cant win game vs player who spend week on farm unless you spend week on farm

not many ppl want to do it
more than 50% go on pvp got faceroled and think that pvp is awful

so after some month pvp will be occupied by 10-20 players full of godlike items and pwning everyone else

i guess cutthroat race league will be always and more fun than arena
Last edited by kiersz on Feb 18, 2013, 2:09:47 AM
I love pvp in games, but havent even tried it in this game. I wanted to wait till 80, so I could set up my passives correctly for end game pvp, but the real reason I havent started is because there is no incentive. Make a ladder or prize system like there is for Race Events and a ton of people will Pvp. I dont even like racing, but I have tried a few of them because of the scoring system and prizes. Make incentives for PVP and people will play. This game looks like it could have a great pvp aspect if done correctly.
IGN: Cimos_Baller

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info