PvP Feedback

A few important tips for posting PvP feedback:

You need to put [Open] or [28] at the front of your thread titles. There many differences between these tiers in terms of how numbers are adjusted, so knowing the tier is absolutely vital for understanding your concerns.

Character names are important - We need to know which characters you were playing so we can look over their ratings and combat logs. Knowing the exact times of battles you took part in would also help us.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Qarl on Jun 25, 2018, 11:48:41 PM
Last bumped on May 16, 2018, 4:21:33 PM
Also, if there is something your strongly feel is severely problematic, the best way to get the message across is to abuse it in PVP.

Some complaints we think we will resolve as the meta of PVP shifts to accommodate certain strategies, and some things are issues there may be less of an answer to.

Thanks everyone for playing, and please let us know what you think of the experience!

My caracter is NO_FX

I think the pvp mode is good but not perfect.

My caracter is level 19 and my opponent was lvl 28. He onehits me, and I hadn't any chance to win. So i think 5 levels difference is enough.

There also should be a reward for a win in beta. Something like a extra categorie of expirience. With this ep we (the players) can skill something like more physical damage in pvp.

I will be happy about a feedback to my idee.
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League
Last edited by 14Uhr on Nov 29, 2012, 10:10:30 AM
"
14Uhr wrote:
My caracter is NO_FX

I think the pvp mode is good but not perfect.

My caracter is level 19 and my opponent was lvl 28. He onehits me, and I hadn't any chance to win. So i think 5 levels difference is enough.

There also should be a reward for a win in beta. Something like a extra categorie of expirience. With this ep we (the players) can skill something like more physical damage in pvp.

I will be happy about a feedback to my idee.

To be honest PvP is ment for people that build their characters for the specific purpose.

Any random character thats just casualy playing the game will get murderd by any player that has put time into making a char build for dueling. You simply can't expect a lvl 19 char to kill a lvl 28 char, especialy not when the 28 char is made for dueling and your just casualy playing the game.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
i like the idea of some sort of pvp ranking system maybe have some way to make like guild symbols or something. hey maybe you can win ways to customise your items
IGN- Isiander
i feel the pvp aspect of this game is gonna be really interesting since theres no "class skills" its all set up to taste really gonna be unique
yeh people complain now im confident pvp is jsut gonna get better and better. i like kripps betting idea and i think being able to win some sort of customization would be cool as it would be like a symbolic blood stain on your hands.

i wonder if ggg plans on adding some sort of stealth system?

also i hate the fact that you can see the enemy on your corner map!!!
i think maybe they could appear on your corner map if they are not blocked by a wall or something i am aware such a wall system is not built into the game maybe its abad idea but something where you can confuse them if you are both running around the pillars a lot
IGN- Isiander
Hi, my character name is kastiil and I really enjoy pvp, but will it be O'Connor past lvl 28 cause I didn't know that there is no October and upped my shadow to lvl29 and then... oogh, I just wanna k
now, will it be pvp post 28 or I need to go through all quests again? Answer please. Best wishes, Alex
Last edited by crauzer95 on Jan 25, 2013, 4:28:55 PM
At low levels the differences between characters (items, char level, etc) are way more dramatic. It should be noted that a level 24 character is going to have a pretty tough time against a level 28 opponent. However, a level 64 against a level 68 will not be as dramatic. Instead of having just tiers(or whatever its called) where you are assembled into dueling groups (you can only duel players within that group), a simple algorithm that dictates the character levels you can duel against would work better. Alright, time to explain that clusterfuck of a sentence. From what i understand there are groups that are dictated by character level; levels 20-28, levels 29-35 etc. If this is not the case, ignore everything i just said and am about say. What i think would work is a simple algorithm, or since each level is an integer you could just use a simple set of if/then rules for each level. It would be necassary to make the algorithm or set of rules so that at lower levels, there would be a lower possible difference in levels while dueling at lower levels, and higher at higher levels.
I was playing my ice mage shadow in pvp from 19 to ~23lv and as i see now there's two uber op things right now. One thing is icestun enemy and own them when they cant move and the other strategy was some kind of traps, not sure what it was, maybe bear trap? Not only i couldn't move but i couldnt even cast spells for few seconds, enough to easily kill me. And it was even much more op than ice cause i got easily captured in it since it was a trap not a projectile.

I won most of my games even tho i started playing when OB started and made ice mage for fun and because early on i got freezing pulse which was very good and i didnt have much choice xD Only time i lost was when i was outfrozen by higher lv witch with icestun and the other one was meele templar with ice hammer lol.

The only time i lost to not stun was vs someone who was teleporting very fast and slashing at me while slowing me down. If he got to me i was almost surely dead if i managed to hit him from distance and freeze i won. It was 4-5 match and i had to answear the call in meantime so i might have won. It was my best game because it was not one sided and challanging.

Most of those pvp games are usually 5-0 or 5-1 in the favor of better one. I much rather play 5-4 game that means that both players can win and its much more exciting.

Btw i got like 50% ice resitance now, but havent fought ice user recently so i don't know yet if it will counter icestun meta xD

ps. there shoould be some awards for pvp. Not necessary exp, but at least some drops or smth....
Last edited by Trufs on Jan 28, 2013, 5:15:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info