Chain

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Chain needs to be hit with a nerf bat so hard it doesn't even look like the same gem afterwards.

Nerfing won't work as long as the auto-targeting remains. That's essentially why this gem makes the game effortless. That and the synergy with shock stacking, but shock is its own problem.

So yeah, when they fix it, it won't look like the same gem afterwards :-p
Last edited by Thalandor on Jan 11, 2013, 12:48:01 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hojirozame wrote:
Besides increasing the mana cost multiplier or increasing the damage penalty, I don't know what else you could do with it.

Reduced Attack/Cast speed, make it percent-based ala Pierce, slower Projectiles, lower Accuracy, reduced Crit chance... Plenty of malice effects that could be added.

Ok, so I guess there's alot of things I didn't consider...lol.
I like this support on certain skills. It can make skills with large visual effects more entertaining to play (Ice shot), and can make skills that don't scale as well as single target skills viable as multiple target skills (Frenzy). However, on skills that scale well with a high numbers of hits or that have high base damage (Elemental Hit, Lightning Arrow) it really pushes them overboard.
In-Game-Name: Lezli
Why does it matter that chain is the goto support gem? Its fun to play with chain thats all that should matter
Having the damage reduced by 50% each "hop" sounds reasonable. And a rule followed by most chainspells in other games.

Or just let it stay so we can continue to enjoy the imbalicious chain-massacre XD
Last edited by Corporalpunt on Jan 17, 2013, 12:19:22 PM
"
vajura wrote:
Why does it matter that chain is the goto support gem? Its fun to play with chain thats all that should matter

LMP/GMP were the goto supports before Chain, but rolling without wasn't an issue for certain skills (Split and Lightning Arrow work very well without, for example). The problem with the current situation is that Chain is nearly always the superior option. If you have Chain and you can use it, it's going to be worth it.

It doesn't need to be utterly nerfed, but simply brought in line to make it a fair trade-off compared to other supports or lack thereof.
Instead of nerfing damage or whatever I think they simply need to nerf the range of Chain.
I think so, too.
This is true but chain doesn't work on bosses or single elities or pvp and my goto aoe is the true aoe spells or attacks like firestorm or firetrap.
Anyone knows what class/quest/difficulty I could get this gem? Is it drop only?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info