Arc

I agree. A low-level arc buff is in order, such that its effectiveness doesn't change so dramatically upon reaching higher levels.

It is my general belief that no gems should require leveling before they are useful, assuming of course that you put them on your character as soon as you meet the minimum level requirement.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Arc is fine as it is now, expet the lack of low levels as mentioned above.

What i'm really sad of, is the fact that Vaal Arc is so completely useless.

There should be a huge dmg buff and less souls required, and it would be a nice supporter skill for every arc build.
Currently i'm using vaal storm call, which is fine.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Attacks do not shotgun at all so it's a straight buff compared to Live, and as I literally said in my previous post it does not change multihitting with for example Fireballs.

Yes, shotgunning doesn't work. That... Doesn't actually matter too terribly much. :/

Are you really considered to be a valued poster? Maybe because of your humor? Because your comments about GMP/LMP can only be considered a joke. A lot of skills were crippled, fireball included. To say that, AOE multihitting, an extremely situational and too bothersome to reproduce event is a viable and more effective way to play than most of the current trendy builds is flat wrong.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Attacks do not shotgun at all so it's a straight buff compared to Live, and as I literally said in my previous post it does not change multihitting with for example Fireballs.

Yes, shotgunning doesn't work. That... Doesn't actually matter too terribly much. :/

Are you really considered to be a valued poster? Maybe because of your humor? Because your comments about GMP/LMP can only be considered a joke. A lot of skills were crippled, fireball included. To say that, AOE multihitting, an extremely situational and too bothersome to reproduce event is a viable and more effective way to play than most of the current trendy builds is flat wrong.

Vipermagi is valued because he (or she) gives valuable input on a LARGE spectrum of topics within the forum realm. Not only that, the advice is never really bad and has sound points. It takes a lot of energy to do that, so...his valued poster status is worth it imho.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
I noticed Arc was nerfed in 2.2. Is it the consensus that Arc is OP? I have a lvl 90 Arc witch, and I find it to be a solid skill. Far from OP, just solid.
"
furycury82 wrote:
I noticed Arc was nerfed in 2.2. Is it the consensus that Arc is OP? I have a lvl 90 Arc witch, and I find it to be a solid skill. Far from OP, just solid.

How exactly was it nerfed? I have like 10% more dps compared to pre 2.2.
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
"
ZL0J wrote:
"
furycury82 wrote:

How exactly was it nerfed? I have like 10% more dps compared to pre 2.2.

Arc is not nerfed. I wonder where that guy gets his info from.
How good is arc right now? i hear very little about it and i woudl really like to know how it compares to other capable builds.
Honestly, it's not a question of "How good is Arc right now?" as much as it simply is "How much better is Spark?" Arc deserves a proper buff, for very good reasons.

Let's go through the issues here:

+At level 20, Arc does very slightly higher damage (47 - 886) compared to Spark (44 - 832), but Spark can hit an enemy multiple times by shotgunning, thereby increasing both its single-target damage and its clearspeed

+Arc does not gain the benefits of many various Projectile support gems, that increase Spark's damage immensely. (IE, Pierce)

+Furthermore, Spark with a Pierce support gem gains both clearspeed AND damage that Arc is unable to obtain, leaving Arc at a disadvantage when it comes to wiping out large mobs

+Arc has a painful base cast speed of .80, in comparison to Spark's relatively nimble .65, making Arc prone to poorer scaling of cast speed

+Arc has a lower base critical chance of 5% in comparison to Spark's 6% base crit (Although inc. crit strikes is quickly making this less and less irrelevant, it always deserves a mention due to gearing difficulty. Also give Templar the bloody Increased Critical Strikes gem already)

+At level 20, Arc has a higher base mana cost of 26 compared to Spark's 23

+Spark is MUCH easier to kite with due to its projectile duration (Albeit this is just an advantage Spark has over Arc, not so much something we can fix with Arc)
Last edited by Parasan on May 13, 2016, 9:42:07 PM
While using attack in place and clicking at the edge of the screen arc does not cast. I have to bring my cursor closer to my character for it to work. When using attack in place it should just work anytime I click anywhere.

I've also noticed it doesn't work when my cursor moves over a wall or other obstacle. It is very annoying. It should just find the closest targetable area between my character and my cursor and cast it there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info