Arc

ARC:

Nerf arc DPS a bit.

Allow it to link with fork whereby it forks at the first enemy hit.
I think the only nerf Arc may need is simply a damage effectiveness loss. I.E. drop it to 25 or 30 and it'd already drop the previous poster's numbers by 40-50%. That's a severe nerf on top tier builds, but almost invisible to us less extreme gamers who don't need to see it nerfed to the ground with our casual build. I.E. I'm clearing maps at a reasonable pace with a summoner/arc witch, but she only does a measly 1500 (or if I had a 6-link, probably 2500), albeit with high penetration and double curses.

Even all out, I imagine I could only get to 5-6k with my gear and gems available. Certainly the top tier builds could understand having my casual lvl 78 nerfed significantly because of their highly optimized build EDIT: would be a bit obnoxious.
Last edited by tescrin on Jun 4, 2015, 2:43:13 PM
Why in the world would people suggest nerfs for popular skills? That's like stomping yourself in the foot, unless you simply want to make it harder for newer players. So sick of the "hey if I can handle a 9/10 difficulty, then everyone else must be able to, so let's arbitrarily raise the difficulty to 9/10 for everyone!" Congratulations you have like 50k dps on arc yourself because you invested 500ex on your build, can everyone do that? NO. Most people in this game only have a few ex budget tops, and with my arc build I barely have 10k tooltip DPS, and is struggling even with level 71-72 maps. Arc is already super weak on single targets, you want to make it even weaker? Wtf?

GGG you already made endgame monsters harder in 2.0 and created a ton of other annoyances for newer players such as making GMP/LMP/reduced mana completely pointless, DON'T nerf popular skills as well.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 12, 2015, 12:56:38 PM
"
melodia1 wrote:
GGG you already made endgame monsters harder in 2.0 and created a ton of other annoyances for newer players such as making GMP/LMP/reduced mana completely pointless, DON'T nerf popular skills as well.

"Completely pointless"? You haven't played enough under the new rules.

GMP/LMP are only weaker for Projectile Spells (Attacks are unaffected), and even then it doesn't always matter (you can still hit a monster with five Fireballs). Additionally, the Damage penalty was reduced, so they were actually buffed for Attacks.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 12, 2015, 12:57:33 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
melodia1 wrote:

"Completely pointless"? You haven't played enough under the new rules.

GMP/LMP are only weaker for Projectile Spells (Attacks are unaffected), and even then it doesn't always matter (you can still hit a monster with five Fireballs). Additionally, the Damage penalty was reduced, so they were actually buffed for Attacks.

Except the fact that shotgun effect won't work anymore. Ya shoulda know.
This world is an illusion, exile.
Attacks do not shotgun at all so it's a straight buff compared to Live, and as I literally said in my previous post it does not change multihitting with for example Fireballs.

Yes, shotgunning doesn't work. That... Doesn't actually matter too terribly much. :/
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 14, 2015, 6:47:06 PM

Hey GGG here my feedback about this skill in pvp.

It one-shot any toon even with 5k+ life. The power of this skill coupled with lighting penetration on pvp is outrageous.

You should nerf by half this skill in pvp.

If you don t believe me, just make a test in your private server please.

Take a caster character, use arc+ lighting penetration+ lighting damages + chaos damage + crit gems/spell echo.

You will see only leg kaom with 10k life can survive attacks.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 3, 2015, 4:23:21 AM
I'm playing an Arc character for 1.5 months in Warbands and keep noticing a very annoying behavior of the jumps: in areas with many obstacles (trees in Dark Forest map, for instance) arc does not "arc" to monsters that are 2 steps away if they are currently LoSed by a tree relative to the position of the casting entity. Same goes for casting through a doorway - arc goes in the room, but does not jump left/right to mobs standing right near.

For now - I guess coded this way and thus "intended". But please, consider changing this. At least add a range check - "if range to the next closest potential jump target < 25, line of sight is not checked".
Last edited by Vanarchy on Aug 21, 2015, 7:52:48 PM
d
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 11, 2015, 10:10:29 AM
"
Out of all the skills I've used while leveling this league, and there have been many, Arc is the worst by a significant margin.

Arc is a bit lackluster while leveling, but supplemented with a flame totem to get through normal/early cruel it's still pretty manageable. And later on it's far and away the best lightning skill in the game, so the early grind is worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info