Arc

For arc, I feel that having arc chain 2 different times before going to an enemy that has already been hit is a huge handicap for boss fights. It should be taken off and maybe have it be able to chain from you to enemies(of course nearby enemies are prioritized) but you'll take a little bit of lightning damage each chain you get hit with or shock. A give and take. Giving spell totem arc some gameplay with arc chain from totems to boss. It would also make mines a little bit dangerous or strategic to play(however you want to consider it). Activating mines on a mob close to you with no other mobs nearby, you could get hit with all those at the same time and burst yourself if it's the idea of you taking damage per chain.

What do you guys think?
I wish Arc had some type of modifier that somehow increased it's single target damage when casting it yourself.

A boy can dream.
I'm playing self-cast CI Arc Scion in this league and I like it so far (I'm somewhere at the start of red maps). My quick review:

Pros:
- Very effective against 3 or more enemies. Other skills might have better damage on paper, but Arc ALWAYS hits with all chains. You don't have to aim, you can't miss it.
- First I was trying to focus on the shock effect, but eventually I switched to building around cast speed. There's a new jewel that recovers 20-30 ES for each enemy hit. My Arc chains 7 times, 5+ times per second, so I recover 1000+ ES per second from Arc alone, + hits from Herald, Orb of Storms, Choir of the Storm, Tempest Shield. Nice to have that pseudo leech, while still having normal ES recovery. I can afk tank almost everything except lonely bosses.
- The chain effect lets you hit enemies really far, enemies behind walls, etc.
- Good visuals. Arc doesn't cover entire screen like Glacial Cascade or something. And it shows you very clearly, where the enemies are - which is pretty useful, when a lot of stuff happens on screen.
- It DEMOLISHES 3 bosses maps, not like there are many of them.

Cons:
- Single target damage is pretty weak. I wish, it could chain to you if there's only 1 target.
- Pretty bad for leveling with only few chains and low cast speed.
- Damage is very random. Sometimes you delete enemies on sight, sometimes you attack and attack and that blue skeleton is still alive.
- Vaal totems and rare enemies making everything immortal can be hard to deal with. You have to get close to hit them.
- Can't do Atziri I guess, that chain will kill you on the reflect clone.
Last edited by osesek on Jan 26, 2018, 6:05:01 PM
Arc really need some single target love. Like recent Deadeye changes something like this would be nice:

Maybe limited to 1 with 10% more damage. Or like Deadeye node giving less damage each hit.
Last edited by Erehr on Mar 1, 2018, 7:06:14 AM
"
Erehr wrote:
Arc really need some single target love. Like recent Deadeye changes something like this would be nice:

Maybe limited to 1 with 10% more damage. Or like Deadeye node giving less damage each hit.

is that a new Threshold Jewel that came out in Beastiary League ?

Also got a question ... regarding Arc behavior with life leech from Elementalist of Hierophant ...

Do you get life leech on all hits from arc or only on the first enemy hit ?

If my arc has 5 chains and hits 3+ enemies ...do I get life back on each hit I do on every enemy ?

Or do I get life leech depending on the first hit and that's it ..regardless of how many other mobs the arc chains to ?!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Last edited by InfinityAtEnd on Mar 3, 2018, 4:52:35 AM
1. It's a fake jewel.
2. Leech occurs on every Hit, same as with every other Skill.
Has GGG posted the actual increases to Arc yet? Excited for it to finally be boss friendly w/out using totems.
"
Erehr wrote:

Well, rumors here say that it will be included in base Arc.
Lets hope so.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160044
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info