Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

"
protoman639 wrote:
Hi there, I'm looking to build a ranger with the template using split arrow as a main skill.
I've put together a build and it would be awesome if you could take a look at it and check if it's any good. The skills I'll use are :

- Split arrow with Pierce, added fire damage, faster attacks, life leech.
- frenzy with faster attacks to get the frenzy charges up as fast as possible
- cast on damage taken enduring cry, immortal call, decoy totem
- leap slam faster attacks
- temporal chains

I will focus on getting a lot of movement speed since it'll enable me to kite more efficiently, and I like being fast :D.

your tree set up is kind of half way dipped into crit. do you want crit chance/dmg? if so you're tree looks good but you're basically forcing yourself on using a harbringer bow for the high crit chance, with increased critical strikes.

also if you're running crit i suggest you make your frenzy set up - frenzy, power charge on crit, increased critical chance, additional accuracy (quality has added crit chance). if in a chest/bow add life leech or mana leech whatever you need. that way you maintain frenzy charges and power charges at the same time.
Split arrow, pierce, life leech, increased crit strikes, increased crit dmg, something like that. but reflect will rock your ass

if you're not going to run crit strikes and just want flat dmg, you can use a lioneyes glare which are pretty cheap now-a-days, for the accuracy, and do something like this:

same points, added in some aura stuff since we gotta start thinking bout that now too. definitely want to run grace, then hatred if you can fit it.

"
primension wrote:
I was thinking of linking Frenzy with Life leech but then Vaal Pact might be to important to skip?

Then again. I don't know how viable this one is in HC. You have to rely on RNG.

Iv also been trying to theory craft a viable HC spec that take advantage of EB and MoM with alot of def, crit and mana regen.

Same build up, Frenzy with LL for single target (Vaal Pact) and charge buildup.
Then ST for AOE with Life on hit.

im mixed about criticals, and i definitely think you should skip critical hits all together if going HC. it isn't worth the risk because reflect will fuck you.
if you're in HC with crits you'll have to have full armor/life for lots of physical reduction to negate your own power, as well as instant life leech. you may also need to slightly moderate your crit damage so you cannot one shot yourself.

in softcore, go for it. load up crits and crit dmg. you won't have a problem with anything except reflect, which really doesn't happen too often. but for hardcore it will happen, and you'll be pissed.

regarding your 2nd tree posted bout EB/MoM etc - im not sure...i tried optimizing it slightly to what i think would be hardcore survivable and stuff is just spread too thin. MoM may be good in theory but i think in practice its lacking. you have to throw yourself way up in the tree to get EB and spec mana/mana regen to make sure your attacks do not drop you below the point where MoM can kick in - not to mention how auras are now.

those points would probably be better off invested in life/armor
Hey, very interesting thread here. I wonder if you could give me a few tips, please. I play a self-found, softcore ranger, level 81, who used to have a LA/Elemental Hit build based on Petrov's (BM, Resolute Technique, Iron Reflexes, Static Blows, Wrath+Anger+Grace).

Given the changes to auras, though, I'm a bit at a loss on how to respec the toon. I really like the playstyle so I wanted to keep it more or less the same, switching only Ele Hit for Frenzy, and I suppose juggling auras since I won't be able to keep the 3 of them up.

This is the build I was thinking of:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73ruDhrb-WO95j7PUUcwfH8r1oqNvwW11CPdqMaiMHFLeDpCI_bv8FpIqriqf419VvrdRmOn_E4M8qXLNj2IaxnX9qOvpyzpFSBz4V-q94gqTessRZZ9W5LNrEc_J0rIiq-QEYLkbqq18jWSrFmI8edj_gq3PsauPC1M_69sxYrwH6IABLMyiXflV-LsOClPgpvkIrUEXcZG1-sU6NYi6pu1GYr7CfbaGo_N6sT2J-2sqnKpfNnEFQJx

Your template, plus Arcing Blows since it's so close, then going all the way to RT (because my gear doesn't have any accuracy/crit anyway) through the Scion area and then picking up more damage nodes around the Templar. Here's the stat summary:

Attack Speed 8
Ele Damage 108
Light. Damage 30
Accuracy 20
Frenzy Charges 2
Frenzy duration 18

Life % 142
Max Life 42
Life Regen 1
Armour 24
Evasion % 156
All Resists 38
Mana Reserved 15
Aura Effect 8
Dodge 40
Eva per Frenzy 4
Aura Radius 12

Dexterity 220
Strength 170
Intelligence 120

Am I missing something obvious here, or do you think this could work? I'd use BM gems for LA and Frenzy, of course. Thank you.
Last edited by Faldrath on Oct 27, 2013, 11:02:27 AM
"
Faldrath wrote:
Hey, very interesting thread here. I wonder if you could give me a few tips, please. I play a self-found, softcore ranger, level 81, who used to have a LA/Elemental Hit build based on Petrov's (BM, Resolute Technique, Iron Reflexes, Static Blows, Wrath+Anger+Grace).

actually that looks pretty good. with lightning arrow you got 2 choices.
1) go +elemental dmg
2) go physical dmg and let LA convert

#1 is probably better, im not 100%. i don't have the time to do the math on it fully but #2 would also benefit your frenzy where as #1 will not.
but that tree looks pretty good in my opinion, as long as you can make up the life used from LA/frenzy since you use the BM gem (big cost!).

you'll be able to eliminate some passives and refine your build as you find better gear. AKA take out some +stats and/or +resistances.

***NOTE***

For even more survivability for the times you DO get hit, there are now some amazing options.
1) for melee you can cast enduring cry, warlords mark with increased AOE. soon as you take 440 damage you buff yourself with some endurance charges which is a flat physical reduction amount. molten shield is ok, but not very good since it increases a flat amount, which is halved by acrobatics.
you also cast warlods mark for increased endurance charges on kill, and for awesome life leech. this is my current set up.

2) for ranged throw in spell totem, summon skeles, faster casting. this way if you do get hit you pop a totem which will pop a bunch of meat shields for you, just run backwards a couple steps and they will tank for you as you regen life w/e you need to do.
"
Junkx wrote:

actually that looks pretty good. with lightning arrow you got 2 choices.
1) go +elemental dmg
2) go physical dmg and let LA convert

#1 is probably better, im not 100%. i don't have the time to do the math on it fully but #2 would also benefit your frenzy where as #1 will not.
but that tree looks pretty good in my opinion, as long as you can make up the life used from LA/frenzy since you use the BM gem (big cost!).

you'll be able to eliminate some passives and refine your build as you find better gear. AKA take out some +stats and/or +resistances.

Thanks for the reply. I just tested the build and it's working well. It's less efficient than the one I used to run because my DPS is obviously much lower, since I no longer run Anger and I had to remove my WED gems to use Blood Magic... self-found means I have no 6L :) And it's a bit more complex since now I have to worry about keeping the Frenzy stacks up, but that's fine.

I've been able to make up for the life used by the BM gems, and it should only get better since they're still unleveled. Now to decide if I do want to reach Static Blows again, or whether I should just mop up the elemental damage nodes in the Templar tree, or just get more life. Probably the latter, even though it's boring :)
"
protoman639 wrote:
Hi there, I'm looking to build a ranger with the template using split arrow as a main skill.
I've put together a build and it would be awesome if you could take a look at it and check if it's any good. The skills I'll use are :

- Split arrow with Pierce, added fire damage, faster attacks, life leech.
- frenzy with faster attacks to get the frenzy charges up as fast as possible
- cast on damage taken enduring cry, immortal call, decoy totem
- leap slam faster attacks
- temporal chains

I will focus on getting a lot of movement speed since it'll enable me to kite more efficiently, and I like being fast :D.

Here's the passive tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EfgW1CC4M8g5IES8V8BmOGbQa2yP2JJ0k_SzpMHEwfDIBNj051DpCOlg6sz7PSn1LeFFHVvpaSGJaYqxnoG5pb_J31H11fyuGzocZh3aIa419jb-QCpsmm42dqqCfoaSly6c0p9Sqf6q4r-uxMLIZtve7473mvqfEosS4xqLK082YzerPetN-1CPVANX41orWndwV3Q3dqN7G4dvjhOdU6NbqYu2D7g7v8PlW-WP6sfzF_rr-yA==

Thanks in advance.

Yea i was looking at doing something similar:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgWEBbUF-QguDPIV8BjbGYoZjhm0Gf4ajxsBIuoj9iSdJT8shSzpLYMwcTB8MgEylDpCOlg-z0p9S3hRR1b6WhpaSFuvX-FiWmegayRuaXRBdPF31311fwJ_K4UyhxmHdo19lQWV6ZcGmyabjZu1nyely6bgqn-quLIZtBq7473mvqfEosS4xqLK082YzerPetN-1CPV-NaK2cbdDd2o3sbiy-jW6mLtg-4O7_D22vlj-rH7CfzF_rr-yA==

might give you some ideas, might not. I plan to use frenzy + split arrow. my build has a great deal more +physical damage. but not so much crit, dont like it in hardcore :O
changing my cast on damage taken set up to:
CWDT, enduring cry, warlords mark, arctic armour.

i don't have the mana for arctic armour but it will stay in effect for its base duration, 2.9s at level 20. this gives me a static -189 damage taken, i believe, after resistance is applied. this also works vs reflect which makes it a super strong defensive choice for evasion based.
enduring cry is obviously very strong because it also is a set physical reduction %, and not +armor or something. its a direct reduction.
warlords mark for the life leech and more endurance charges. my personal build is based off of vaal pact/life leech as a main defense for when i do get hit. with this curse in effect i will have 21% life leech on hit as well as the other defenses, basically rendering me unkillable as long as im not 1 shot

PS. i've yet to be one shot, especially since patch also buffed my hp from 2.7k to 3.5k hp. frick i seriously loved this patch. lol
Started a Ranger earlier today testing this dodge/evasion build out in Nemesis, my friends say that it will not work but I am now in A2 Cruel and it seems to get easier and easier by the level actually.

I use a bow and my friends say that I will die by getting one shot any second now but the hardest mobs I have faced were those fast attacking ones at the end of Act 3.
"
Forkers wrote:
Started a Ranger earlier today testing this dodge/evasion build out in Nemesis, my friends say that it will not work but I am now in A2 Cruel and it seems to get easier and easier by the level actually.

I use a bow and my friends say that I will die by getting one shot any second now but the hardest mobs I have faced were those fast attacking ones at the end of Act 3.

you will not get one shot as long as you have a decent amount of health for your level. it helps to have some sort of life leech/life gain on hit w/e, so that you can regen the health back up to full before you get hit again.

as long as you can anticipate gameplay you can always keep a granite in use while fighting a melee boss, or whatever corresponding damage you COULD take.

i should honestly post a video though with the new cast on damage taken gem to show you how little damage i take. it might go off twice in a map (thats 440 damage each time) and thats only because i literally facetank EVERYTHING.

once i get lightning resistance on my belt, and then a good 2nd ring im going to buy a poorjoys asylum map and facetank it......im not kidding
I think if you're worried about being hit or gibbed, then mind over matter maybe a good idea, a big hit would tank your mana hard but essentially having upto 30% reduced damage after evasion, ...winning. you would need to run some mana in reserve for it but.
srry wrong post
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Oct 28, 2013, 12:55:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info