=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

"
Necropotence wrote:
With regards to darkray vectors, the bonus that they add at high levels is so little that other options might be better, rare boots with res/life, blood dance for nice life regeneration, rainbowstride for spell block, etc..

regarding the boots, it all comes down to your build. i needed to point out how powerful they are in relation with evade/dodge/frenzy though.

in my case the boots are way too powerful to pass up. I use frenzy as my main attack so the boots themselves add 53 armor, 105 evasion, 39% lightning res, 40% movement speed, +1 frenzy charge which equals 10% damage, 22% attack speed, +4% evasion, and 16% dodge chance. no other boots can fulfill that for me.
Last edited by iRace82 on Oct 26, 2013, 3:24:04 PM
FYI, i use it since beta and it's op with BOR + soul taker or flicker strike

thats my build :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DhwSxBbUILgzyER4VIBmOGtsbrSEDJpUqTSzpMHEwfDY9OJY6Qj3iPs8_J0WWR35I7kp9SshLeExgTipRR1PfVUtW-ljbWhpbr2HiZU1l8WegapNte25pdU54rnlIfVt_K4LkhNmHdofbiq-MNo2_kBGSzZVmmSubg5uNpcumf6vFrEesr6_rsbO1SLZBtxe7fL2Bvea-p768wA_GotJN037UI9Xt1ordDd2o53TrFOss7UHtg-4O-WP8xQ==
I love this idea. With Mind over matter being pretty close, that could really mitigate some 1 hit dangers as well. I'm going to start a new ranger that'll use this tree stem, and I think there are a ton of great nodes for physical bow damage. What's the best build to utilize those? Would it be a good idea to try point blank, or would distance ranging be so much better for avoiding hits that it wouldn't be worth it?
"
Apanauc wrote:
I love this idea. With Mind over matter being pretty close, that could really mitigate some 1 hit dangers as well. I'm going to start a new ranger that'll use this tree stem, and I think there are a ton of great nodes for physical bow damage. What's the best build to utilize those? Would it be a good idea to try point blank, or would distance ranging be so much better for avoiding hits that it wouldn't be worth it?

theres one glaring problem i've always had with point blank. it is great potential for damage if you can survive being up close and personal, which you can with this build since most melee range is physical damage.
BUT the problem i've always seen with point blank is the fact ranged attacks cannot shotgun. spells can but attacks cannot meaning you lose effectiveness of being close up.
that alone makes me say point blank is never worth it, ever.
This looks good, going to see if I can make a 2h sword spectral throw ranger with this as the base. I'm playing in nemesis and have a history of dieing by the time I'm in the 40s so anything that will help me live is priority!

Interesting topic here. This is my build which I think will work with both pure melee and also with Spectral Throw.

I'm thinking Frenzy as single target DPS for charge buildup and ST for AOE dmg.
Running this with Dagger and Shield.

- A lot of % defense from equipping shield. (Needed?)
- A lot of HP for Hardcore.
- Okey critical and multiplier dmg.
- Mana regen.

Summery:
Spoiler
Passive skill tree breakdown
Health
182% increased maximum Life
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
22 to maximum Life

Mitigation
110% increased Defences from equipped Shield
70% increased Evasion Rating
16% additional Chance to Block with Shields

Damage
160% increased Critical Strike Chance
86% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
70% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers
66% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Daggers
50% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
46% increased Physical Damage with Daggers
30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
20% increased Accuracy Rating
14% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
8% increased Attack Speed
8% increased Attack Speed with Daggers
4% increased Movement Speed
4% increased Physical Damage
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana

Other
220 to Dexterity
120 to Intelligence
60 to Strength
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20% increased Mana Recovery from Flasks
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
8% increased maximum Mana
1 Maximum Frenzy Charge

Passives:

What do you guys think?
doesn't look bad. you looking to take it into hardcore? you'll need some heavy leech to survive reflect probably.

just a couple added nodes. i swapped out your phys dmg stuff to the right of the highway and put in 40% accuracy, 8% atk spd, 12% phys dmg with daggers. then i added 2x crit nodes for +60% more crit chance as well as the notable in the middle of the ranger shield circle, Weapon Artistry.

"
Junkx wrote:
"
Necropotence wrote:
With regards to darkray vectors, the bonus that they add at high levels is so little that other options might be better, rare boots with res/life, blood dance for nice life regeneration, rainbowstride for spell block, etc..

regarding the boots, it all comes down to your build. i needed to point out how powerful they are in relation with evade/dodge/frenzy though.

in my case the boots are way too powerful to pass up. I use frenzy as my main attack so the boots themselves add 53 armor, 105 evasion, 39% lightning res, 40% movement speed, +1 frenzy charge which equals 10% damage, 22% attack speed, +4% evasion, and 16% dodge chance. no other boots can fulfill that for me.

Ok gotcha :)

GL!
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Hi there, I'm looking to build a ranger with the template using split arrow as a main skill.
I've put together a build and it would be awesome if you could take a look at it and check if it's any good. The skills I'll use are :

- Split arrow with Pierce, added fire damage, faster attacks, life leech.
- frenzy with faster attacks to get the frenzy charges up as fast as possible
- cast on damage taken enduring cry, immortal call, decoy totem
- leap slam faster attacks
- temporal chains

I will focus on getting a lot of movement speed since it'll enable me to kite more efficiently, and I like being fast :D.

Here's the passive tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EfgW1CC4M8g5IES8V8BmOGbQa2yP2JJ0k_SzpMHEwfDIBNj051DpCOlg6sz7PSn1LeFFHVvpaSGJaYqxnoG5pb_J31H11fyuGzocZh3aIa419jb-QCpsmm42dqqCfoaSly6c0p9Sqf6q4r-uxMLIZtve7473mvqfEosS4xqLK082YzerPetN-1CPVANX41orWndwV3Q3dqN7G4dvjhOdU6NbqYu2D7g7v8PlW-WP6sfzF_rr-yA==

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by protoman639 on Oct 27, 2013, 4:52:04 AM
"
Junkx wrote:
doesn't look bad. you looking to take it into hardcore? you'll need some heavy leech to survive reflect probably.

just a couple added nodes. i swapped out your phys dmg stuff to the right of the highway and put in 40% accuracy, 8% atk spd, 12% phys dmg with daggers. then i added 2x crit nodes for +60% more crit chance as well as the notable in the middle of the ranger shield circle, Weapon Artistry.

I was thinking of linking Frenzy with Life leech but then Vaal Pact might be to important to skip?

I forgot to key aspect in my previous tree.

- 4% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge
- 1+ Maximum Frenzy Charge

Then again. I don't know how viable this one is in HC. You have to rely on RNG.

Iv also been trying to theory craft a viable HC spec that take advantage of EB and MoM with alot of def, crit and mana regen.

Same build up, Frenzy with LL for single target (Vaal Pact) and charge buildup.
Then ST for AOE with Life on hit.

Summery on the above build:
Spoiler

Keystones
Vaal Pact (Life Leech applies instantly)
Eldritch Battery (Converts all Energy Shield to Mana)
Mind Over Matter (When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life)
Iron Reflexes (Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. )

Passive skill tree breakdown

Health
166% increased maximum Life
When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
22 to maximum Life
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
1% of Life Regenerated per Second

Mitigation
90% increased Defences from equipped Shield
70% increased Evasion Rating
15% increased Block and Stun Recovery
12% to all Elemental Resistances
8% additional Chance to Block with Shields
4% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
4% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge

Damage
235% increased Critical Strike Chance
160% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers
76% increased Physical Damage with Daggers
50% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
40% increased Accuracy Rating
36% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
20% increased Melee Physical Damage
14% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
8% increased Attack Speed
4% increased Physical Damage
4% increased Movement Speed
2% increased Attack Speed with Daggers
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana

Other
310 to Dexterity
150 to Intelligence
80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
80 to Strength
32% increased maximum Mana
30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
20% increased Mana Recovery from Flasks
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
2 Maximum Frenzy Charge

Alot of points invested in this one and you might struggle mid-game due to the long routs.
This might help you from there:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info