=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

I love this guide! What is preferred build between the Frenzy vs. Mjolner?

Also any idea on which is better to use between Bringer of Rain vs. Daresso's Defiance vs. Lightning Coil? Sorry if answered already, thanks!
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
I love this guide! What is preferred build between the Frenzy vs. Mjolner?

Also any idea on which is better to use between Bringer of Rain vs. Daresso's Defiance vs. Lightning Coil? Sorry if answered already, thanks!

hmm thats a hard one. the frenzy build was better and stronger but i also used a mirrored sword. the mjolner build is not as strong offensively/defensively as the frenzy, but its still very good and definitely more fun.
don't get me wrong, attacking 20 times a second, 40 with a shrine is absolutely hilarious but the mjolner playstyle was the most fun i've had in PoE. if i were to return playing i'd definitely keep playing the mjolner build. its also less intensive on gear. the frenzy build didn't require all of its very specific corruptions, uniques and rings, but in order to be optimized the price gets insane.

BoR vs daresso's def vs lightning coil. BoR hands down especially for a short ranged melee build. the added block and blind is basically required. lightning coil is decent for evasive builds but only shines on ranged builds where you cannot utilize block. block is much more powerful than 40% damage reduction since again, you're an evasive build so you won't be getting hit especially by physical dmg. also block in turn gives you spell block, which will be the only downfall and deaths in either of these builds...from spell dmg.

daresso's is an interesting chest but IMO it falls last in line unless you're running mjolner. with mjolner the added endurance charges you'll basically always have give you a lot of added DPS.
on any other build than this specific evasive mjolner build, daresso's falls very short.
Last edited by iRace82 on Jun 25, 2014, 6:53:24 PM
Hello! I am new to this game and I am wondering if it is possible to make a variant of a more passive playstyle? I was thinking about shadow trapper or even dual totem build. Is it even possible to make evasive trapper.. at least to some degree?

"
Igor82 wrote:
Hello! I am new to this game and I am wondering if it is possible to make a variant of a more passive playstyle? I was thinking about shadow trapper or even dual totem build. Is it even possible to make evasive trapper.. at least to some degree?

absolutely its possible. i was actually going to do one myself and had it all planned out but just didn't get to it.

first thing you want to do is figure out your main attack skill, and possibly a backup dps source. then you'll want to search for uniques that you'll be interested in using that will enhance those skills. once you have those down then you can start to see what type of passives you'll really need, which will dictate if you're HP or CI or whatever.

basically to be evasion based you'll always want acrobatics which will always force you to an HP build. this isn't a horrible thing by any means but something you need to keep in mind.
Thank you!!! Yes, I am stuck with HP build. While I don`t have much idea how to make effective and interesting build out of this, I will probably try and see as I go along. Maybe trying trap gem and link some interesting gems in it, like spark, cold snap. How am I gonna gain frenzy charges I am still unsure. For a new player, that is still learning mehanics.. all this can be owerwhealming. If you can share some ideas, how this can be done, I would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by Igor82 on Jun 28, 2014, 3:57:04 PM
hi. Im thinking about do this
if I dont use soul taker but I use
this and run clarity and grace do you think is viable sustain frenzy and evade physical damage with darkray vectors?
"
HRDL wrote:
hi. Im thinking about do this
if I dont use soul taker but I use
this and run clarity and grace do you think is viable sustain frenzy and evade physical damage with darkray vectors?

i did try this with a lvl 7X character, it is viable but doesn't feel as powerful without any block. you could probably improve it a lot by optimizing and getting a better immortal call setup or something, but i didn't invest a whole lot of time into it.

it is very powerful vs spells however, having 80% resistances, max spell block and 46% spell dodge. against physical damage though you will notice getting hit much more often, so if possible you could grab MoM.
dropping BoR for lightning coil would be a possibility, but with block not being usable you want to save as many passives as possible by not needing to spec it, and the automatic blind is an absolutely must. so, if you limited the physical dmg taken by getting LC you'll absolutely HAVE to have blind as a link anyway.

also, with this setup you'll HAVE to run grace to get more evasion, and use jade flasks for big boosts in evasion when necessary. ranged physical still won't touch you but you will notice being hit with melee without block, so more sustain is needed as well with either life leech, life gain on hit, or a combination of things.

also, if you don't use soul taker, you could use spectral throw for a secondary attack or instead of frenzy (just use blood rage maybe?) in order to keep your distance from melee as much as possible. that would actually probably be very strong if you could make it work. but again its all about how the build feels, so once you get into it you'll know what you'll need to improve and can further optimize it.
ty vm for your answer.
I ll try it when passive tree reset and I say something here
. the idea of a spectral throw I like it
spec throw will also be a lot easier on mana - tho they are lowering the mana cost of all skills so i wonder what frenzy will cost afterwards
Evasion with acrobatics/phase acrobatics and ondars is good but only accessible by ranger and shadow. Perhaps scion too. Other classes have to spend too many points to get there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info