Noperative's Beginner Guide to Path of Exile

Update: I have begun work on a character building guide. You can access it from here by clicking the build banner.
great thread mate, keep it up!!! :)

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Hello there!

I am a new player that started 3 weeks ago. I felt so lost until I saw your thread.

It is totally AWESOME!!

I really appreciate the time that you took in putting this wealth of information together.

Thanks!

Ongster!
I started playing the beginning of Domination and daily I read about and experiment with this game. I have learned a ton. Wish I would have found this earlier lol fortunately there was a few goodies in here like the 3 pages of random six socket and max 4 link items, I can sell :-) thanks for the knowledge
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
This needs a sticky tbh.

Well done OP, i already knew all of this stuff, but this is the best guide out there for new players.

edit: did this just get stickied or was i blind :P
This world is an illusion, Exile!
Last edited by Tompos on Jan 17, 2014, 12:49:20 PM
new player here. I'm confused about the leagues.
I read up on the leagues in this guide and it explains the organization but not its function.
So it has parent leagues and child leagues but what do they do? What's the purpose of a league?
"
morph_ca wrote:
new player here. I'm confused about the leagues.
I read up on the leagues in this guide and it explains the organization but not its function.
So it has parent leagues and child leagues but what do they do? What's the purpose of a league?

It acts as a ladder reset for players since for these types of games the economy and ladder become fairly stale after too long.

In addition I feel like it gives GGG excuses to do some balancing changes in the child leagues that would not work as well in a parent league since there will be old items and builds from before the balancing that muddles the results.
hi nope

my Ign is BitchSlapThrow
im a level 79 spec throw ranger

been hitting with a wall hard to break recently
we spoke in PM

this is my gear
Spoiler

Shop thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/752577

Very helpful, thanks!
Hello!
Thank you very much for your hard work! It is an excellent guide!
I have a doubt though:
On this picture...

...what does 5L/6L mean?

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info