Iron Grip is for projectiles.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"

"

Metal_Rex wrote:
I've got a question to "is my rare good"? You said:
"
Rare items are randomly rolled and the affix pools are cumulative. This means when you get a rare item, it's enchantments will be anything from level 1 to the item-level and the game randomly cobbled together a few from that amount.

But why does this item has 88 life? I thought it can be so high as the tier level of the item is or is it ilvl 88+?

No. Affixes fall in tiers. You can use use www.poemods.com to easily check to see what tier a particular item can roll.

Ok but why I don't find my shield there: doom call chiming spirit shield?

I got another question:
I'm at 1897 ES with a helmet that gives me 146 ES, +71 max ES. But now why do I get 1998ES with a helmet with 182ES +100% increased ES? Shouldn't it be only 1933ES?
Last edited by Metal_Rex on Oct 30, 2013, 6:59:27 AM
This is a terrific write up for new players.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Metal_Rex wrote:

Ok but why I don't find my shield there: doom call chiming spirit shield?

I got another question:
I'm at 1897 ES with a helmet that gives me 146 ES, +71 max ES. But now why do I get 1998ES with a helmet with 182ES +100% increased ES? Shouldn't it be only 1933ES?

The name of rare items is always randomly generated. Doom Call does not correspond to any particular mods, it's just a name that is random.

It may be that your shield is adding INT as well, which would increase your % ES by 1% per 5 INT.
Nice job sir! great guide for new players
ToxicDreams..........
As a new player, the most important part of this guide is missing. How to build a character, i've deleted probably 10 characters so far because i have no idea how to make one passive wise. Your help section on this is vague at best, I don't have any clue how i take damage, or how my character deals damage or whatever it said. I've tried looking at builds on class specific forums, and 99% of them require some specific piece of gear.

I'm new to the game, i don't have specific gear or the means to trade for any. As a new player i need to know how to build a character that can play the damn game all the way through to max level without having to purchase specific gear. I need to know what passives take priority, is it life? armor? damage? I mean, i've had people tell me don't take damage nodes they don't do anything, that 15% damage node is more like 1%. Which makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

The rest of the guide is fine, but the most important part of the game is missing. Should i just level up without passives at all? Because i'm tired of sticking my points in random shit and getting slaughtered, or trolled in global chat for asking for help.
"
Maenathian wrote:
As a new player, the most important part of this guide is missing. How to build a character, i've deleted probably 10 characters so far because i have no idea how to make one passive wise. Your help section on this is vague at best, I don't have any clue how i take damage, or how my character deals damage or whatever it said. I've tried looking at builds on class specific forums, and 99% of them require some specific piece of gear.

I'm new to the game, i don't have specific gear or the means to trade for any. As a new player i need to know how to build a character that can play the damn game all the way through to max level without having to purchase specific gear. I need to know what passives take priority, is it life? armor? damage? I mean, i've had people tell me don't take damage nodes they don't do anything, that 15% damage node is more like 1%. Which makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

The rest of the guide is fine, but the most important part of the game is missing. Should i just level up without passives at all? Because i'm tired of sticking my points in random shit and getting slaughtered, or trolled in global chat for asking for help.

I know this is a huge issue! Please forgive me!

Building a character in Path of Exile is just way too much of an issue to cover within a short section of a guide, so once I got to this section I realized I had way more to write on that specific subject. I would be writing a guide on character building at least as long as this guide, probably twice the length if I wanted to get it done right.

I feel that no one would be satisfied if I just said to take 2 skills, use them and follow a pre-planned skill tree, so it ended up in a precarious situation where I have midterms to worry about and a write-up on builds to make too!
Thank you for this.
What Noperative isn't saying is that the best way to learn to build is by trial-and-error with an idea of what you want to achieve by the end of it. Mechanics thread will help with understanding your damage types, wiki's an invaluable resource, etc.

"99% of them require some specific piece of gear"

is generally untrue, but I've got some idea of what goes into "require" against "would be nice to have", and there are various assorted reasons why guide authors tend to end up having really good gear. Ergo, complete newbie doesn't know what's strictly necessary and what isn't. Something to address.

Seriously Noperative, get that how-to-build guide out already, I've been anticipating it for ages.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Can I just say that this is the best guide on these forums that I can find. Good stuff. You actually explain shit.
hi ezra

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info