Noperative's Beginner Guide to Path of Exile

In the progression section, an indication of the levels one should be at before trying to attempt the main questline bosses would be a nice addition, imo.

For normal is not much of a problem but, as you go to Cruel & Merciless, it would be nice if we (new players) had some sort of reference.

(I don't think that relying on monster level in maps is that good of an idea because most of us new players won't have good gear to breeze through the latter dificulties)

That said, thanks a lot for the guide! Really, really helpful for someone who just started playing.
"
In the progression section, an indication of the levels one should be at before trying to attempt the main questline bosses would be a nice addition, imo.

For normal is not much of a problem but, as you go to Cruel & Merciless, it would be nice if we (new players) had some sort of reference.

(I don't think that relying on monster level in maps is that good of an idea because most of us new players won't have good gear to breeze through the latter dificulties)

That said, thanks a lot for the guide! Really, really helpful for someone who just started playing.

Noted however for the most part the monster level is a good indication and player level might not indicate the whole story. A bunch of +10 dex nodes won't help some people at all and not every person is going to get 3 more life nodes in the next 3 levels, no matter if they are overlevelled or not. The resists are mostly the big teller of how a fight will go since main boss fights are usually very methodical. As long as you meet the resists I recommend in each act then you shouldn't have any problems.
Very awesome thread!! I'm going to link this in my thread (in game FAQ, stickied in this sub-forum).
If you need in game help, Check out this thread!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/539763/page/1/#p4858735

Check out my "In-Game FAQ's" thread, lots of good info for new people!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/553408
Super well done! Thanks for supporting the community, especially the newcomers, with your insights :)
Can I suggest section headers to use a system that works with Ctrl-F?

example
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
AWESOME POST

clear, easy to read, a must.

I'm a "recent" player (I played a bit back in Feb), but this is really helpful for the newcomers and the rest of the players as well.

I look forward to your guide on "how to build a character".

As for the resistances, i feel that you didn't put it forward enough.

For the rest, keep up the good work!
Forever Noob
I've got a question to "is my rare good"? You said:
"
Rare items are randomly rolled and the affix pools are cumulative. This means when you get a rare item, it's enchantments will be anything from level 1 to the item-level and the game randomly cobbled together a few from that amount.

But why does this item has 88 life? I thought it can be so high as the tier level of the item is or is it ilvl 88+?
I think there's a mistake there: the Iron Grip gem doesn't actually have the Attack keyword, so it doesn't work on your example. You probably want to use something like Faster Attacks.
wow critop, nice work. I'm going to make a macro linking to this for global..

"
Metal_Rex wrote:
I've got a question to "is my rare good"? You said:
"
Rare items are randomly rolled and the affix pools are cumulative. This means when you get a rare item, it's enchantments will be anything from level 1 to the item-level and the game randomly cobbled together a few from that amount.

But why does this item has 88 life? I thought it can be so high as the tier level of the item is or is it ilvl 88+?

No. Affixes fall in tiers. You can use use www.poemods.com to easily check to see what tier a particular item can roll.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Oct 29, 2013, 11:16:56 AM
"
Kirielis wrote:
Can I suggest section headers to use a system that works with Ctrl-F?

example

I'll work on it.

"
Faldrath wrote:
I think there's a mistake there: the Iron Grip gem doesn't actually have the Attack keyword, so it doesn't work on your example. You probably want to use something like Faster Attacks.

I must have looked at it improperly but when I first looked at the gem I saw attacks. I'll fix that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info