Noperative's Beginner Guide to Path of Exile

New player here and i have to say...this guide is awesome!
Wow, so much content, great jobb!
So I have a question:
How important is it to follow a build? For me, one of the best things about RPG's is creating your own unique character, so I don't like following builds too closely, although I will look at them for advice.
"
Scyrothe wrote:
So I have a question:
How important is it to follow a build? For me, one of the best things about RPG's is creating your own unique character, so I don't like following builds too closely, although I will look at them for advice.

It's hard to understand how to properly optimize the passive skill tree without having followed a guide or at least closely researched guides to learn the basics. If you think you can reach this point then maybe you can try to make your own build.
Great guide! I wish I'd discovered it sooner.
I'm a veteran player and I found this guide interesting. I learned a few things about vendor recipes.

I feel however it is made for players who wants to be very powerful and/or rich, for those who aim to be at top-tier builds.

It may lacks the explanation for players who don't have time/patience to go for top notch builds, or don't want to trade with players. I am this kind of player.

For these players, there is a part you don't talk about at all, and I think you should : crafting via masters.
It is the perfect alternative if you want to have good endgame gear without trading with players. Of course you will never have top notch stuff, but you can make a character really strong if you know how to use your masters in a clever way.
I made this sweet dagger starting from a white item, with transmutation, alterations (tons), 1 regal, and masters crafting :

This is not the best I could have, but this is pretty awesome considering I'm not crawling under tons of currencies (I have a total of 5 exalted, which I save for another multiple master crafting, see, not very rich).

Without going in detail in this, I feel you should mention it somewhere, as it makes the currencies valuable for other purpose than trading or RNG-crafting.

Still a good guide though, thanks for helping community :)
really good guide, thanks :)
thank you for this awesome guide - it helps me a lot to understand the basics of this game!
greez fisiqx
Wow thanks a ton dude, great walkthrough, i would love a few tips on how to get my latency lower though
I suppose this guide is still valid until now? I'm returning back to Path of Exile, just wondering whether it's relevant.

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info