Noperative's Beginner Guide to Path of Exile

Thanks a lot! It helps me to better understand on the beginning!
That looks great.
From now on I'll refer to this post instead of saying that we need some sort of PoE-Handbook.

Good job!
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this sooner. A had to learn some of these things the hard way lately, but this was very helpful to fill in the gaps. Thanks!
how do you add colour to the tect and these big headlines? is there any tool in forum or it is programm or image
I use my design experience to make my own graphics, and forum formatting to add colour to the text!
I read through this for god knows what reason and I'd like to point out rares can have 2-6 mods (regal) :P
Still pretty nice guide for the newcomers hard hats off.
"
KillerB wrote:
I read through this for god knows what reason and I'd like to point out rares can have 2-6 mods (regal) :P

Yeah this is true, but I am afraid I will need to dedicate even more time to explain the 2 mod rare this way so I just left it at 3+ so it contrasts nicely with the 2 mod magics.
Great guide!

One thing I'd add is the chroming process - a mention that it is hard to get 4 red sockets on pure int gloves might help some people :P So they don't waste their chromes.

Link to Vorici chrom calc would also help, I think :)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Great stuff and looks like it was a lot of work to make the guide! Just a couple things that you could update/add:

Trading:
* poe.xyz.is is now poe.trade
* nowadays most trades are done in the sellers hideout to avoid having to search the right instance

Act 3 mobs to watch out for:
* pretty much anything in the sceptre of god

Builds:
I agree that including this in this beginners guide would be overkill and it is better put into its own guide but you could maybe include a link to poebuilder.com or the offline skilltree planner.

Keep up the good work!
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
Noperative wrote:
There are 2 pools of affixes, the prefixes and the suffixes. An item of Magic rarity can have 1 of each, while a Rare item will have at least one of each but can have up to 3 of each.

"
Noperative wrote:
"
KillerB wrote:

Yeah this is true, but I am afraid I will need to dedicate even more time to explain the 2 mod rare this way so I just left it at 3+ so it contrasts nicely with the 2 mod magics.

Good work!

Would be even better if you could correct this. A rare can have 3 prefixes and 0 suffixes. Rare Items always drop with 4-6 stats. 2 and 3 stat rares are always crafted
Last edited by SkoDo_ on Mar 12, 2015, 3:51:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info