Animate Guardian

So if I wear

, have >=300 STR, and give my AG this

, will it regenerate 2% of its life? Looks like it but I'd want to get a confirmation.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Does AG have any stats (str,dex,int) apart from item modifiers?
IGN: Drusek
@silumit : yes. The AG will have 300str from you, 100 from meginord, and will fully benefit from the regeneration.

@drusek : no. Minion has not stats appart from cases where it's otherwise stated, like The Baron (minion now have your strength) or when they consume/use items (such as the AG)
I have some answers, but I do have some questions too.

When it comes to stat based items, we've established that the Animated Guardian will apply his stat to the item calculation (for example, Brutus' Lead Sprinkler and The Baron will synergise greatly)

However, when it comes to Level based item, what level the Guardian is considered? I'm thinking about Edge of Madness, that grants bonuses and flat physical "per level" (which I interpret as "per level of the wielder")

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Edge_of_Madness

What's the truth when it comes to AG? Is it the Gem Level, the "limited to item of level"-level, or the summoner's level that is used?
Last edited by Ravine on Mar 17, 2017, 11:09:35 AM
"
Ravine wrote:
I have some answers, but I do have some questions too.

When it comes to stat based items, we've established that the Animated Guardian will apply his stat to the item calculation (for example, Brutus' Lead Sprinkler and The Baron will synergise greatly)

However, when it comes to Level based item, what level the Guardian is considered? I'm thinking about Edge of Madness, that grants bonuses and flat physical "per level" (which I interpret as "per level of the wielder")

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Edge_of_Madness

What's the truth when it comes to AG? Is it the Gem Level, the "limited to item of level"-level, or the summoner's level that is used?

I'm pretty sure it's the minion level listed under monster stat.

Also Brutus' Schlong + Baron + AG doesn't synergize as much as you'd probably want. With 1000 str. you are looking at a damage range of 400-800 (Dual Wield). or an average of 600. You can easily do that by slapping Doryani's Fist or a Facebreaker onto him.
Yes, I guess that if I follow that http://poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Animate+Guardian , that limits the Guardian's level at its monster level, meaning the Edge of Madness will not go further than ~70 in normal conditions.
wondering why AG, unlike other minion skills says maximum life and not minion maximum life. and also if this is the reason why the life modifier from skill does not show in minion life modifier in character info sheet, nor in the skill bar minion life tooltip

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 23, 2017, 4:57:59 PM

Hi,

I am just double checking does these unics works with ag.
Purpose is that ag dual cursing enemies on hit.
I use Fortify + Minion Life gems with AG to give it maximum protection.
Chest is Gruthkul's Pelt.

My build is 12 aura necrosupport. I dont have Whispers of Doom or any +1 curse equipments.

BR
IGN: Klamydia_Jane

Great improvement would be allowing the guardian to use linked skill -> since totems work that way most of the back-end coding is probably done? (just instead of default attack use skill)
The poe wiki states that "Items containing skill gems cannot be animated, so the Guardian cannot use trigger gems". It also says "The Guardian uses weapons and shields in the same way as player characters."

If I corrupt a shield to "Grants level 16 Determination Skill", will the guardian use it?

If not then the wiki should probably be updated to state this.

edit: Just bought a shield and tried it. The answer is no. Animate Guardian will NOT use on item skills.
Last edited by maLcious on Apr 12, 2017, 2:15:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info