Animate Guardian

"
CycloneJack wrote:
While I don't know if I would actually use the items on AG, do all of the mods on unique items work with AG? Will Increased XP Gain affect the skill gem? How do Charges work with AGs? Can they receive Keystones like Acrobatics? Do they gain footprints or extra gore? Would curse reflection apply to the AG? Are players considered allies? Items that look at a stat, like evasion, is that based off of the AG's evasion, or the players? Would Goddess Bound/Scorned and Wings of Entropy have their restrictions applied properly? Would Prismatic Eclipse have its socket bonus applied to the AG? Like I said, I don't know if I would use any of the items referenced above, as I've not had any of them drop to begin with, but it would be nice to know how well some of these bonuses apply.

Also, are the items bound to the gem or to the player? Would one be able to have 2 AGs, and swap between them on a weapon swap?

There aren't really any restriction on specific mods that I know of. Increased experience gain "technically works" but the guardian gains 0 experince so it doesn't actually do anything.
Charges work on the guardian like they do on players and other minions. Keystones, costmetic effects from uniques, curse reflection all works. Allies are you, the guardian, party members, all your minions, all your party's minions and all converted enemies. Stats that scale off of other stats use the guardian's own stats. Restrictions works on the guardian as they do on the player, as does Prismatic Ecplipse.

The items are saved to the player, not the gem so swapping between 2 on a weapons swap doesn't let you switch item sets but it can let you swap support gems quickly if that's useful.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Thanks! I've been messing with AG, with a side of AW, but was curious to see how well uniques worked with them. Bummer that you can't swap between two different AGs, as you could set one up for high offense and the other for defense, or ele vs chaos resist, etc.

So far, AG is decent if I use some above avg rares on it, but I've only got a few minion nodes so I expect it to become much more durable as I spec into more nodes. I had one survive for quite a while, but then finally died to a 3-rare +1 exile strongbox. My biggest concern is that for one summon, that also uses gear as a resource (and possibly a spreadsheet so you know what gear will be an upgrade), will it be on par with zombies or skeletons.

I do wish that the leash on the Guardian was reduced a bit, as they can just take off, usually in a direction you're not really wanting to go.
Using this skill I observed that, unlike Raise Zombie, the AI of Animate Guadian is way offensive. Like Animate Weapon offensive. I kinda question this as the design kinda implies a more defensive use of this Skill. Is there really a different AI used or am I drunk?

Used the skill on my Bow Summoner. Using Animate Weapon and Anime Guardian with him, aside some offensive Bow Skills.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on May 29, 2014, 9:14:28 PM
I wish there was a way to turn on/off this gem instead of the makeshit pull the gem out.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
I wish there was a way to turn on/off this gem instead of the makeshit pull the gem out.
One variant is weapon swap.
But yeah, this is not the answer if you cannot swap weapons (because of using prism or bargain, for example)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Using this skill I observed that, unlike Raise Zombie, the AI of Animate Guadian is way offensive. Like Animate Weapon offensive. I kinda question this as the design kinda implies a more defensive use of this Skill. Is there really a different AI used or am I drunk?

Used the skill on my Bow Summoner. Using Animate Weapon and Anime Guardian with him, aside some offensive Bow Skills.

The Guardian definitely has a different AI than Zombies do and it's not as good as the zombies' :(
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Jun 1, 2014, 3:00:39 AM
AG has agro like Leroy Jenkins ... I've learned to love it. Part of his/her/its charm I suppose. For the life of me, I can not keep one alive for any length of time no matter the gem levels, supports, or gear used. But again, part of the charm imo.
BLAMT!
The skill would be so much better if you could shut it off on demand. As is, they always die unless you weapon swap or pull the gem from socket. That is more pain than anything.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Hi! )
What mod's on Item (rare/uniq) used to calculate (life, dmg, res, armor, e.t.c.) for A.Guardian characteristics?
For example i have full rare equipped AG and he have 5600 life, then animate rare gloves with +60 life (before use gloves with no added life), why the life is still 5600? (zone was switched few times for check)
Life mod is not count? what about other mods?
Give us list pls ))
Only with Minion life gem i see increased life for AG.
-----
thx
You're looking at the Skill description, which shows what the Skill Animate Guardian does. It does not list the amount of Life your Guardian has currently.

Any modifier on gear applies as per usual.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 3, 2014, 1:17:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info