Cast when Stunned

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, it should do.

Pretty sure it either doesn't work, or my character is bugged. Just tried it, by standing in The City of Sarn, for close to 10 minutes, killed roughly all the mobs in the instance by The Anvil, and Tempest Shield, and never once had Enduring Cry go off. So either I had absolutely abysmal RNG of the Chance to Proc, or is does indeed NOT work.
Ign: Desync
Kinda a silly question, but... Do you have Unwavering Stance? That'd do it.
thanks very much Mark

great, back to drawing board, ill make the build out of it

so many builds in my mind and so little time to make them real :)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 13, 2013, 3:35:37 AM
GGG, you are doing it wrong.

Cast When Stunned (and Cast on Damage Taken) should both reserve flat mana. There would be no mana cost multiplier, so activating a level 20 Enduring Cry CWDT (with no supports) would reserve 26 mana (or 16 life with Mortal Conviction); a level 20 Molten Shell would reserve 70 mana (42 life with MC). However, activating all of Cactuar's Ethereal Knives CWSs would reserve roughly 437 mana (491 once he gets his 5L, 656 once he gets his 6L). This is keeping in mind that Cactuar has 8% reduced mana reserved.

Now undo that stupid CWDT nerf, implement this, and make everyone happy.

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Kinda a silly question, but... Do you have Unwavering Stance? That'd do it.
Nope, I don't have US.
Ign: Desync

Using this in place of CODT for the moment on 30ish LS/shield scion. Getting plenty of stuns and it is indeed proccing.

However, it isn't casting all three linked gems. It just seems to pick one or two at random and cast those. I have it linked to enduring cry, molten shell, and devouring totem.

Sometimes the shell pops up. Sometimes the totem. Sometimes enduring cry. Sometimes I may even get two...but I have yet to see all three get cast. What gives?
It's not a 100% Chance. Simple as that.

Trigger gems work exactly the same as other Supports. They don't do anything on their own, and don't affect eachother, but they add their modifiers to linked Skills. If you link Cast when Stunned to three Skills, you have three Skills with a Cast when Stunned modifier. Get stunned -> each Skill does its chance roll.
"
gbones wrote:

Using this in place of CODT for the moment on 30ish LS/shield scion. Getting plenty of stuns and it is indeed proccing.

However, it isn't casting all three linked gems. It just seems to pick one or two at random and cast those. I have it linked to enduring cry, molten shell, and devouring totem.

Sometimes the shell pops up. Sometimes the totem. Sometimes enduring cry. Sometimes I may even get two...but I have yet to see all three get cast. What gives?
because of chance. if using a lv 9 cast when stunned gem:
.4 * .4 * .4 = .16 *.4 = .064 -> 6.4% chance to trigger 3 skills at a single time... when you take a stun/block.

at least i hope i remember probability math. i believe if you're trying to cast a single spell out of 3 in a specific chance 3 times in a row... that'll a a different math question i am unable to answer right away.

edit: also thank you viper XD
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 13, 2013, 1:58:17 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
gbones wrote:

because of chance. if using a lv 9 cast when stunned gem:
.4 * .4 * .4 = .16 *.4 = .064 -> 6.4% chance to trigger 3 skills at a single time... when you take a stun/block.

at least i hope i remember probability math. i believe if you're trying to cast a single spell out of 3 in a specific chance 3 times in a row... that'll a a different math question i am unable to answer right away.

edit: also thank you viper XD

Ah ok I didn't realize it rolled each skill. Makes sense now obviously. Meh I want CODT back :P
"
Cig wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, it should do.

Pretty sure it either doesn't work, or my character is bugged. Just tried it, by standing in The City of Sarn, for close to 10 minutes, killed roughly all the mobs in the instance by The Anvil, and Tempest Shield, and never once had Enduring Cry go off. So either I had absolutely abysmal RNG of the Chance to Proc, or is does indeed NOT work.

No, it's working fine. Reason why you don't proc Cast when Stunned is because your character probably has enough HP/def/etc to NOT get stun/block animation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info