Cast on Death

I thought it would be extremely fun to try a mass suicide build with several cast on death gems and all max-linked items. One CoD could go to portal, and the rest could be attached to mass-damage skills such that, when you die, you both clear the screen and create a portal for you to go pick up the loot. The character would only have to stack damage and could go with little to no health. Any suggestions for skill gems to attach for this build?
Cast on Death would be fun if if worked with minions/totems.

Or make two new trigger gems. Cast on Minion death and Cast on Totem death. This is a lovely idea. Just make the proc rates like reasonable. 20% chance to cast up to 50's.

has someone tried cast on death + detonate dead?
if you detonate yourself when you die you could stack massive life and activate rightenous fire for even more spelldamage(and die even faster). Would be funny in pvp :D
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
"
Sobeck wrote:
has someone tried cast on death + detonate dead?
if you detonate yourself when you die you could stack massive life and activate rightenous fire for even more spelldamage(and die even faster). Would be funny in pvp :D
pretty sure the more spell damage of Rf won't apply to your death spell.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
I thought it would be extremely fun to try a mass suicide build with several cast on death gems and all max-linked items. One CoD could go to portal, and the rest could be attached to mass-damage skills such that, when you die, you both clear the screen and create a portal for you to go pick up the loot. The character would only have to stack damage and could go with little to no health. Any suggestions for skill gems to attach for this build?

I'm not sure how you would level up past Normal difficulty, but here's some ideas
Spec for spell damage, Fire damage, Minion Instability. Disregard all cast speed passive blocks as you never cast spells. Maximize health, you never cast spells so you never need mana.
-4L Helmet: Detonate Dead + Cast on Death + Firestorm + Summon Zombies
-6L Staff (Searing Touch): Cast on Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Firestorm + Fire Trap + Multiple Traps + Elemental Proliferation
-6L Body: Cast on Death + Discharge + Elemental Proliferation + Increased Area of Effect + Fire Penetration + Portal
-4L Shoes: Cast on Death + Spell Totem + Summon Specters (in case you would repeat this more than once) + Minion Damage
OR
-4L Shoes: Cast on Death + Fireball + Chain + GMP

Taking 450 damage causes Firestorm, Enduring Cry, and throwing multiple Fire Traps. Use Life Flasks to ensure you gain enough Endurance Charges.

Losing all your health causes:
-Exploding your own body
-A massive Discharge with increased area of effect as well as elemental proliferation burning enemies outside the radius
-A Spell Totem that resummons the enemies you just nuked
-A LOT of Fireballs which bounce around enemies
-A Portal so you can return to the scene of the carnage

I'm sure someone can outdo me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/P0W3RH4U5
In softcore you can use this to do a suicide bombing runs on a boss you can't kill heh. Lvl up first so you don't loose xp, link cast on death with portal and whatever else you can that deals the most damage and just keep entering the portal till the boss dies lol.
Tried, Dominating blow (can be used with CoD since it's not a spell) + Cast on Death + Rev Totem + Searing totem, Tried same DB + CoD + Curses, neither the curses or the totems are cast when the minions that you dominate "expire". Maybe they actually need to get killed.
Please create a version of this for minions, since that would actually be useful...
Has anyone tried cast on death in a shield with necro aegis?
No because that's not how Necro Aegis works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info