Cast when Damage Taken

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2023, 4:08:44 PM
Where do you get this gem?
As a marauder, I got the gem as a reward for a new act 3 quest in the library.

I tested it with enduring cry + warlord mark, it is very nice on low levels.

However, why the damagen taken to trigger the effect is higher at higher level? I would like to get the gem back to level 1 (i upgraded up to level 4). If the attached skill does not damage this gem seems more powerful at level 1.
Roma timezone (Italy)
"
HellGauss wrote:

However, why the damagen taken to trigger the effect is higher at higher level? I would like to get the gem back to level 1 (i upgraded up to level 4). If the attached skill does not damage this gem seems more powerful at level 1.

I found same that I just wanted to put it back to level 1 so it would proc more.

Yeah, I'm wondering if they coded it backwards by accident.
"
As a marauder, I got the gem as a reward for a new act 3 quest in the library.

I tested it with enduring cry + warlord mark, it is very nice on low levels.

"
I found same that I just wanted to put it back to level 1 so it would proc more.

"
Yeah, I'm wondering if they coded it backwards by accident.

It's a tradeoff
As you level it up, yeah it does take more incoming damage to trigger it.
But it also decreases the "less damage"

So basically, if you're running it with curses and defensive spells such as ice nova, keep it at a low level.
If you are trying to run high damage type spells on it, you obviously want to level it up so the damage isn't as reduced although it will take longer to cast obviously.

You win some you lose some. Personally you're better off just keeping it under level 5 and using it for curses/enduring cry/defensive skills.

I run it on my level 83 CI Shadow claw Reaver for defensive purposes.
Mines currently at level 10, and it triggers all the time.
Especially being that my character is a face tank leecher and I try to surround myself with as many monsters as I can.
When I'm surrounded and taking damage it's going off every 5-10 seconds still which is fine since my enduring cry lasts longer than that anyway.

I have mine linked to enduring cry, ice nova(defensive freezing), and I swap between enfeeble(survivability) and vulnerability(damage) depending on the maps I am running.

This support rocks big time, but I'm probably going to just end up buying a 20 quality level 1 for my specific use

IGN - GladHeAteHer / DripDrops / FlightStorm

SHOP - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/725891

Duelist/Marauder/Templar Life Based Tank Death Reaver - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/629403
Last edited by EleShaman on Oct 24, 2013, 1:50:13 AM
Does someone have a link to a list with offensive/defensive gems that work with it?
If this gem occurs in several items at the same level, will it always proc at the same time?

Also can i use multiple on the same skill? Like 2x "Cast on Damage taken" and 1x Enduring cry in a 3-link?
Last edited by ShinoRagnar on Oct 24, 2013, 7:13:13 AM
Does the mana lost using Mind Over Matter count towards the total?
I can see this game being nerved in future :(.

One of my chars use it with combined Frostnova (changs to freez+ chill), Molten Shield (absorb damage) and Rejuvention Totem (heal) and let it at Level 1. This increases my survibility greatly!

A second char uses two in different items.
1 @level 1 with cold curse + molten shield + heal totem
1 @level 2 with frostnova + coldsnap + skeletons

This way mobs are allways curesed before the chill/freez spells hit :).

This suportgem is just creazy for defensive use :D:D.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info