Slower Projectiles

"
BlackArchon wrote:
So this support gem is only useful for Spark and perhaps Lightning trap? Are there any other viable or even funny character builds based on this gem?

i use it with spectral throw + point blank. point blank works with 'distance traveled' and with this gem it seems that distance is not big enough to leave 50% more dmg area (ggg confirm?) - without floating dmg numbers i can judge this only via carnage this setup makes. it makes huge carnage and due to controllable nature of closely-spinning weapons there is no risk of accidental, off-screen reflect death

took the Ballistic Mastery to offset slow proj but at the same time keep inside point-blank trshold

I am wondering if this gem can be used in conjunction with faster projectile gem if for nothing more than the simple damage increase both provide. I am unsure yet if using both gems would entirely offset the speed and travel ratio of certain projectiles but both gems do give a damage bonus.
"
ltdank wrote:
I am wondering if this gem can be used in conjunction with faster projectile gem if for nothing more than the simple damage increase both provide. I am unsure yet if using both gems would entirely offset the speed and travel ratio of certain projectiles but both gems do give a damage bonus.

Well, at lvl 20 of both gems, Faster projectile is 68% and Slower projectile is 44%, so i suppose faster projectile can overcome slower projectile and make it go further.

But anyway i don't think the gem is worth a 140% mcm, and using it as a raw damage multiplier feel dumb to me, the damage output is only 27% (37%) increased damage (not more), there are gems that increase your dps a lot more.
They should bring in Tornado from D2 slower projectile would actually be useful on that.It constantly hits while it floats through enemies hitting multiple times per casting.
useful with the as-yet unreleased lightning balkl skill =/.
tried it with point blank ST...not great.
the problem is ST has the .4sec cd for a proj to hit a mob.
yes hit, not just dmg. otherwise knockback would actually be decent on ST+GMP+slowproj.
using multiple projectiles+ST is for the spread for better aoe coverage really,
not dmg unless CoC build.
and when ur 'aoe' is only a shot space in front of you, the # of proj doesnt matter.
maybe the dmg would be ok w +phys proj on a hard hitting, slow wep=point blank,
with no GMP or LMP. maybe.
honeslty better off using ground slam. no point blank bonus, but similar aoe and no hit cd.
Yes, chainsawing with stave knockback and this would be awesome in theory. The problem is the number of hits possible is directly tied to the time spent in the air, and Slower Projectiles reduces the amount of time your Spectral Throw is in the air.

I guess that's OK since otherwise you could get 6+ hits on average. Still... I once had a dream and that dream is now dead.
"
Yes, chainsawing with stave knockback and this would be awesome in theory. The problem is the number of hits possible is directly tied to the time spent in the air, and Slower Projectiles reduces the amount of time your Spectral Throw is in the air.

I guess that's OK since otherwise you could get 6+ hits on average. Still... I once had a dream and that dream is now dead.

I don't believe it does,projectiles go further with faster projectile because they are travelling for the same amount of time but because they are faster they go further.
Thing is: Molten strike does what spectral throw+slower projectiles+lmp does, but way cheaper, unlinked, with the possibility of shotgunning and a better AoE.

The only real use is in combination with lightning ball. And in that case the +dmg is useless.
The gem just isn't very good, or even good for the matter. Either increase the +dmg%, so the lack of range and lower AoE balance out, or lower the mana multiplicator. Or both.
I like the interesting potential this gem has, but the mana multiplier makes no sense to me. 140% is insane for an ability like this!
@Moylin (Beyond)
How does this gem effect bow skills? I know that arrows have no duration on them, and just travel a set distance. Does this gem make them arrive at that distance slower?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info