Slower Projectiles

I found this gem really early and used it with spectral throw through normal and half cruel. It really works well with point blank and if you are able to stand in one place the enemies takes lots of damage. The range for spectral throw almost become that of a melee attack when connected with this support gem.

I wonder if it is possible to make spectral throw so slow that if you run in the opposite direction the weapon will follow you for ever?
"
anteolsson wrote:
I wonder if it is possible to make spectral throw so slow that if you run in the opposite direction the weapon will follow you for ever?

ST speed increases over time so it will catch you at some point.

Shame this support is useful only for ST.
What I want to know is with max slower proj and spectral throw will the entire missile stay in the proper bounds to get the point blank bonus?
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
I could see this as being useful in a Point Blank build: you don't really want your projectiles to go as far anyway.

As I understand the mechanics of Point Blank, your damage is based on the range at which the enemy is hit in comparison to your maximum range. IE, Slower Projectiles reduces your projectile range and this causes the area affected by Point Blank to shrink too.
I found a 10% quality. Tried using it with spectral throw... and gave up on it. At some range, spectral throw hits 3 times without the gem. The gem seems to shorten that range, but it also makes the throw less AoE, which doesn't seem worth the 1.40 multiplier and 1 gem slot. Perhaps it works better with another projectile skill? Could make a niche ST build with this gem, but it's not for the best in the case of my thrower, who wants to stay in medium range from monsters. It could maybe be worth it if the gem gave more damage in return for slower projectiles, but that would only be a trade-off for ST and a big free bonus for other projectiles like Fireball.
Last edited by Mortal321 on Nov 6, 2013, 2:19:12 AM
I tried it with ST at lvl 42 with my Scion in act1 cruel. After a few packs I totally gave up on it and replaced it with faster attacks, which is far better.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
I could see this as being useful in a Point Blank build: you don't really want your projectiles to go as far anyway.

As I understand the mechanics of Point Blank, your damage is based on the range at which the enemy is hit in comparison to your maximum range. IE, Slower Projectiles reduces your projectile range and this causes the area affected by Point Blank to shrink too.

No, it has nothing to do with the ability's range. You get the full bonus if the target is within 10 distance units (about 2 times melee range) and then past that it decays, reaching a 0% bonus at 35 units and -100% at 120 units (max distance a projectile can travel).
thinking this should work well for a raw damage boost in conjunction w/ faster projectiles, similar to stacking increased radius and concentrated effect, specifically in bow builds
twitch.tv/jfpforever
This gem + spark (0Q!) + faster cast = screen of death

So this support gem is only useful for Spark and perhaps Lightning trap? Are there any other viable or even funny character builds based on this gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info