[UBUNTU 13.04] Failed resetting Direct3D device objects

I can start and play the game in a small window, but if I try to make the window bigger or click fullscreen it gives me a "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects" box and doesn't let me click "OK"

Just wondering if anyone knows how I can fix this?

I have AMD fx-4100 processor, geforce gtx 550ti video card, 8GB RAM running Ubuntu 13.04 and Wine 1.6
Linux is not technically supported. That said, the PoE wiki has a great walkthrough by Sovyn on how to get it working using PlayOnLinux. I use the wine version 1.5.28-PathOfExile that can be installed in POL. There's also a wine thread in the Beta General forums. I'd take a look through that.
The problem is elsewhere. I installed the game exactly how that guide says. Direct3D issue could be related to video card and directx?
Do a search for production_Config.ini and delete that file. I had the same error (running it on Mac (using CrossOver and PlayOnMac) and deleting that file solved the problem.
Cool thanks I'll try that when I get home later..
Same issue here. If I delete production_config.ini, I can start the game and play at 1024x768, but any attempt to resize the window leads to the error message and requires a force quit (sudo pkill).

Intel i7-3930k, Nvidia GTX 660, 32GB RAM, Wine 1.5.28 (same problem with newest wine version as well).
Last edited by 1beb on Oct 23, 2013, 9:58:02 PM
"
1beb wrote:
Same issue here. If I delete production_config.ini, I can start the game and play at 1024x768, but any attempt to resize the window leads to the error message and requires a force quit (sudo pkill).

Intel i7-3930k, Nvidia GTX 660, 32GB RAM, Wine 1.5.28 (same problem with newest wine version as well).

We are in the same boat then. If I find an answer I'll post it here, but hopefully we can resolve this. Seems to maybe be an issue only with nvidia cards? Driver issue maybe? Are you using nouveau or a proprietary? I've tried a couple of the proprietary and the game won't even open with them.
Last edited by haoletoke719 on Oct 23, 2013, 10:36:55 PM
I have an nvidia and it works fine (Debian sid).

perhaps you can set the resolution and fullscreen settings by editing the ini file directly.
"
Drakier wrote:
I have an nvidia and it works fine (Debian sid).

perhaps you can set the resolution and fullscreen settings by editing the ini file directly.

That was actually the first thing I tried and even set fullscreen to yes. It stayed the same, no luck. :/
Last edited by haoletoke719 on Oct 23, 2013, 10:39:06 PM
what version of nvidia-glx do you have? did you winetricks d3dx9_42 and d3dcompiler_43?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info