1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

"
solistus wrote:
I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed at the decision to create so many legacy items out of high end uniques. I objected to the very first patch that created a legacy item with a non-retroactive nerf, and was more or less laughed out of the conversation for saying this was a dangerous precedent that could have much broader effects on the economy in the future. Well, I hate to say I told you so...

Knowing that the best items are now literally impossible to get on my own through playing, and that the trade prices will skyrocket even more out of my reach, kills a lot of my desire to continue playing. If these items are a serious balance problem, the changes really need to be retroactive. If they're not, then the nerfs are unnecessarily punishing to new players who won't be able to get these items.

I'm definitely not going to waste my time playing Standard/HC anymore. My desire to play the release version at all has dropped off quite a bit, TBH.

+1
THANKS FOR RUIN THE GAME GGG
Legacy Items do not matter in a PvE game,
if they matter to you personally you are just butthurt no argument about it.

They only matter in the PvP part that is now introduced.

I hope GGG makes sure the PvP is split apart from the 4 month leagues and no legacy Item is mandatory for doing PvP successfully.

Very well done GGG thanks for the notes and an awesome game.
thanks, blood magic+aura ist dead...
i hope the new areas have much higher levels...
GMT+1 - You can speak German with me
"
"
The_Lousy_Bum wrote:
"
not sure if i understand this correctly, but did GGG just make anger, grace, wrath reserve 60% of my life rather than 2% of my life?

Yes, but they added several reserve reduction nodes 60% to start; not final tally. relax. You can still stack to your hearts content.

and just how much nodes would i have to sacrifice to get that figure down to a manageable size?

manageable meaning reserving less than 25% of my hp for all auras.

probably not two or three nodes.

First of all, accept the fact that you can't run all the auras. It makes no sense and it's a bad design to allow it. Auras are buffed and having 2 active will already be a big differences.

Now the question, it depends on the notable passive behind Blood magic passive.

I'd say we are realistically looking at:
- one passive near duelist currently -5%, let's say the new value is -8%
- second passive right next to it also -8%
- New notable let's make a wild guess and say it's -50%
- Reduced mana gem -29%

=60*0,84*0,5*0,71=18,8% mana reserved.

Now that's actually looking decent, my opinion is that 12,5% mana reserved for one aura is a decent number as it allows you to run 2 powerful auras for 25% of your life. Anything more is too much, anything less is problematic as it will allow you to run 3 auras. Also, I think 50% on new notable is a reasonable estimation as GGG will not want to buff regular mana reduction passives too much as they would make non-BM build to powerful. Instead, they have the liberty to leave them as they are and give strong effect to new notable behind BM passive.

So let's say you take 2 more passives for additional -16% reduces, meaning 15% aura reserved. Well, that seems ok to me and it's only 3 more reduced mana passives (I always take the two near duelist).
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Oct 22, 2013, 12:13:02 PM
"
darkki wrote:
"
solistus wrote:
I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed at the decision to create so many legacy items out of high end uniques. I objected to the very first patch that created a legacy item with a non-retroactive nerf, and was more or less laughed out of the conversation for saying this was a dangerous precedent that could have much broader effects on the economy in the future. Well, I hate to say I told you so...

Knowing that the best items are now literally impossible to get on my own through playing, and that the trade prices will skyrocket even more out of my reach, kills a lot of my desire to continue playing. If these items are a serious balance problem, the changes really need to be retroactive. If they're not, then the nerfs are unnecessarily punishing to new players who won't be able to get these items.

I'm definitely not going to waste my time playing Standard/HC anymore. My desire to play the release version at all has dropped off quite a bit, TBH.

+1
IGN Golioth
Can anyone explain the dual wielding cleave penalty being multiplicative now? How different is it from being additive?
Last edited by Kony_Danza on Oct 22, 2013, 12:13:35 PM
Legacy Facebreakers biaaatch!! :P

FINALLY, Ele Cleave is nerfed! (Not sure how I feel about this as far as leveling new chars/racing.. Having absurd dps at lvl ~13 was fun :P)

I assume the Fire Trap/Bear Trap nerfs are to compensate for new Trap Damage Passives? Because I for one thought they were weak as they were..

And, FINALLY, Light Radius fix for Low-Life! o_0
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Oct 22, 2013, 12:12:53 PM
Totally destroying my spork build -_-

like it didn't suck enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone has the best dam items in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ban me please, just telling you me feelings :)
Last edited by bubblynuggets on Oct 22, 2013, 12:14:39 PM
"
First of all, accept the fact that you can't run all the auras. It makes no sense and it's a bad design to allow it. Auras are buffed and having 2 active will already be a big differences.

Now the question, it depends on the notable passive behind Blood magic passive.

I'd say we are realistically looking at:
- one passive near duelist currently -5%, let's say the new value is -8%
- second passive right next to it also -8%
- New notable let's make a wild guess and say it's -50%
- Reduced mana gem -29%

=60*0,84*0,5*0,71=18,8% mana reserved.

Now that's actually looking decent, my opinion is that 12,5% mana reserved for one aura is a decent number as it allows you to run 2 powerful auras for 25% of your life. Anything more is too much, anything less is problematic as it will allow you to run 3 auras.

So let's say you take 2 more passives for additional -16% reduces, meaning 15% aura reserved. Well, that seems ok to me and it's only 3 more reduced mana passives (I always take the two near duelist).

dont think you understand. i dont NEED any auras. but i WANT three auras. plus, i wont be using reduced mana, ill have empower instead in alphas howl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info