Mods Compendium

Yesterday, Invesleco posted a very nice crafting guide, available here : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54003

The rule #2 of this guide is the following :

"
Invalesco wrote:
Rule Number 2
Not all mods can spawn on all items. For instance, movement speed mods can only spawn on boots. IIR/IIQ mods cannot spawn on chestpieces, weapons or shields. Increased attack speed can only spawn on Weapons/Quivers, rings etc.

That's right. However, how do I know which mods spawn on which item ? After looking for a while, I realized that this information is not available anywhere.

In my opinion, having this information would be very useful, not only for crafting but also for build planning, trading, etc. So, I decided to put together what I called a Mods Compendium. It's basically a list of all the mods in the game based on the official Item data page (http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/). For each mod, I added, to the best of my knowledge, all the item types on which it can spawn.

The item types are the following : rings, amulets, belts, helmets, gloves, boots, chestpieces, shields, quivers and all types of weapons.

The compendium can be found here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArsB7KohOhhpdHoyZzU2WVZZNXQxMDg4MVk1b0FGbkE#gid=1
Mods Compendium

EDIT (10/26/12) :

Alright, I just added 10 sheets for each items categories : Rings, Amulets, Belts, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Chests, Shields, Quivers and Weapons. That should make the compendium easier and more intuitive to browse.

I still consider the Mods compendium to be a work in progress but I wanted to thank everyone that helped start it up, especially Mr_Gee on the forum and Aethias in game.

Of course, there are still errors so if you spot any, I'd appreciate if you could point them out in this thread or via pm.

Finally, if you have ideas on how to improve this compendium, please don't hesitate to share them.

Tip : if you want to use the filter (PoA mods sheet), select "view", then "list".

Thanks !
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Feb 19, 2013, 11:28:01 AM
There's more to this.

It's been confirmed by devs in the past that certain ranks of specific mods may spawn on one item type and not another. For instance, Tempered and Razor Sharp may only spawn on weapons. Not rings.

You'll have to come up with a complete grid of mods/items. And then get community input on which specific items they've seen mods appear for.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
As an example, bows can't get the 'of Infamy' attack speed suffix, their highest mod is 'of Renown' or something around there.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
Zakaluka wrote:
There's more to this.

It's been confirmed by devs in the past that certain ranks of specific mods may spawn on one item type and not another. For instance, Tempered and Razor Sharp may only spawn on weapons. Not rings.

Yes, I'm not surprised. I also remember reading patch notes saying something like "elemental damage on sceptres can now get higher". That probably means that a rank of elemental damage mod can spawn on sceptres but not on other weapons.

"
Zakaluka wrote:
There's more to this. have to come up with a complete grid of mods/items. And then get community input on which specific items they've seen mods appear for.

The table, the way I created it, allow for that kind of variation of mods by ranks/items. So, the input that is posted in this thread should allow me to do what you described.

"
Zakaluka wrote:
For instance, Tempered and Razor Sharp may only spawn on weapons. Not rings.

There's 2 tempered and razor shard mods :

Razor Sharp Base Min/Max Added Phy Dmg 8/20
Tempered Base Min/Max Added Phy Dmg 10/24

Razor Sharp Local Min/Max Added Phy Dmg 15/35
Tempered Local Min/Max Added Phy Dmg 17/40

I assumed that the local mods only spawn on weapons and that the base ones only spawn on rings, amulets and gloves. Are you saying that both base and local mods can spawn on weapons ?

Thanks

I'm fairly certain weapon-only spell damage can also appear on spirit shields, but I think it is only limited to this item type.
what I have found so far to answer your questions:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
what I have found so far to answer your questions:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

"
montimus wrote:
I'm fairly certain weapon-only spell damage can also appear on spirit shields, but I think it is only limited to this item type.

Thanks. I modified the table to reflect that.

Montimus : I splitted the shields in 2 categories : caster shields and non-caster shields.
Last edited by Velkor on Oct 21, 2012, 9:01:28 AM
"
Velkor wrote:

You should also keep your initial posting uptodate, so that its easier to see for what mods it's worth/needed to look.
--
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:

You should also keep your initial posting uptodate, so that its easier to see for what mods it's worth/needed to look.

Yes, I'll modify the initial post too.

I didn't remove my question about dex/int/str on weapons even after your post with the dex on dagger because i'm still unsure on which kind of weapons dex can spawn.

Can it spawn on caster weapon ? How about pure str weapons, like maces ?

Righ now, my best guess is that weapons, like armors, are separated in 6 categories :

Int weapons : Wands

Str weapons : Maces

Dex weapons : Bows, Rapiers (thrusting 1h sword)

Int/Str weapons : Staffs, Sceptres

Int/Dex weapons : Daggers, Claws

Str/dex weapons : Axes, Swords

And that some mods only spawns on weapons alligned with specific stats.

For instance,

Mana regeneration and faster cast speed may only spawn on int alligned weapons.

Intelligence could only spawn on int, int/dex and int/str weapons.

Increased stun duration could only spawn on Str weapons.

Etc.

The same logic could apply to armor.

Can intelligence spawn on a str-based chestpiece ? Can str spawn on a int-based chestpiece ?

Answers to these questions would help me refine the compendium.
Last edited by Velkor on Oct 22, 2012, 12:19:47 PM
I've made a local copy of the mandatory columns of the sheet, and kept only the entries with a question mark, to keep an eye on what has to be proved. Should base on non-legacy stuff, of course, to be valid.

One thing I noticed related to the attack speed mods: the affixes for 'increased projectile speed' are missing in the 'official' list; I can imagine that it is really different for each type of attacks so that bows and quivers get projectile speed instead of attack speed at melee weapons. Wands and jewelry could probably get both, yet to check.

Reference: the 'of Darting' suffix is not 'known' in the database:
Unavailable

Items I found to prove: sceptre with strength:
Unavailable

dagger with intelligence:
Unavailable
--
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Oct 23, 2012, 4:42:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info