Chris: ALT-F4 LEGIT STRAT

Picked up PoE six months ago because it had a hardcore feature.

Quit when I learned it was just a contest to see who could hit the pussy button earliest and most.

Came back six months later confident they'd have fixed it by now.

Silly me :)

If the developers think it's a "legit strat" they can put an IN GAME button in that implements the mechanic instead of the bizarre choice of having people mess with their internet connection (which strongly feels like cheating and sure as hell is not in the manual) as an essential part of the game's strategy.
Last edited by Kahryl on Oct 26, 2013, 5:06:22 PM
I was just writing a long rebuttal to this and then went to get a soda and realized that, it doesn't matter.

They've made up their minds about this.

Accept or quit. hmmmmmmm

It's all fun and games until someone pokes your eye out!
"
Xavderion wrote:
Babycore tears in 3..2..1..

"
Melkrow wrote:
Known fact.

Good system.

Totally agree
To GGG: Do you son, do you.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
Funny, so Alt+F4'ers are actually making the game harder for characters that do not. That is, if he's not trolling.

"For those that do not" You mean people that put idiotic arbitrary restrictions on themselves and then blame the game for not suiting their play style? Sorry to tell you, but he is correct. If you take away alt F4, or even worse, portals in boss fights, you have to make them significantly easier, there can't be those super dangerous moments where you can easily die if you don't react quickly. It seems most people whining about this are people that are too slow and can't act quickly enough to get out of a bad situation.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Oct 26, 2013, 7:41:51 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
If you take away alt F4, or even worse, portals in boss fights, you have to make them significantly easier, there can't be those super dangerous moments where you can easily die if you don't react quickly.

I know right. Because God forbid you might lose if you fail a test of skill. That's not what games are about!
Last edited by Kahryl on Oct 26, 2013, 8:20:23 PM
"
Kahryl wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
If you take away alt F4, or even worse, portals in boss fights, you have to make them significantly easier, there can't be those super dangerous moments where you can easily die if you don't react quickly.

I know right. Because God forbid you might lose if you fail a test of skill. That's not what games are about!

"a test of skill" You must suck ass if you think anything in the game would be a test of skill without being able to portal out. End of story. The reason anything is hard at all is because using a portal to get out is part of the meta, without it everything would be easy enough for you o survive on pots alone, pots would have to regen maybe, boss fights would be nerfed in to the ground, etc. It would be a far easier game.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Oct 26, 2013, 8:56:16 PM
from the patch notes 1.0.0 :
" Added a new Strength/Intelligence Trigger Support Gem - Cast when Damage Taken.
Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity Trigger Support Gem - Cast when Stunned."

from the patch notes 1.0.1 :
" Added a new Strength/Intelligence/Dexterity skill gem - Alt + F4. "

" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Wow, this is dumb.

One the one hand, I admit the honesty of the developers. On the other hand...
The Designconcepts are really fucking wierd.

Who the hell likes bosses who just onehit you to almost no life? Especially
if you can't even avoid it? This is really your sense of a great boss fight?

I mean the Dominus Fight for example is just mind blowingly stupid!
You've got to portal in and out thousands of times, and if you go in with
a random party, at the end of it, you end up with complete different people,
because everyone leaves because the fight takes fucking 20 minutes or whatever.

Another example of just plain bad boss design is brutus (i think he is called that way).
He basically one hits you down to no life at all, pulls you with his chain CONSTANTLY
without a damn cooldown.... the fight is SOOOO stupid.

Bosses should have special attacks which do tons of damage, but you NEED to be able
to avoid those! Else it's retarded. The only good boss GGG has designed is probably Vaal.

"
wftico wrote:
Wow, this is dumb.

One the one hand, I admit the honesty of the developers. On the other hand...
The Designconcepts are really fucking wierd.

Who the hell likes bosses who just onehit you to almost no life? Especially
if you can't even avoid it? This is really your sense of a great boss fight?

I mean the Dominus Fight for example is just mind blowingly stupid!
You've got to portal in and out thousands of times, and if you go in with
a random party, at the end of it, you end up with complete different people,
because everyone leaves because the fight takes fucking 20 minutes or whatever.

Another example of just plain bad boss design is brutus (i think he is called that way).
He basically one hits you down to no life at all, pulls you with his chain CONSTANTLY
without a damn cooldown.... the fight is SOOOO stupid.

Bosses should have special attacks which do tons of damage, but you NEED to be able
to avoid those! Else it's retarded. The only good boss GGG has designed is probably Vaal.

If you're going to criticize something for being "stupid," you might want to follow, at the bare minimum, the following:

1) Don't call things "retarded." It's kind of old at this point.
2) Spell-check. Most browsers underline spelling errors in red; there's no excuse for submitting posts with spelling errors. ("wierd")
3) Avoid excessive hyperbole. ("...." "SOOOO" "CONSTANTLY" "thousands of times" "just mind blowingly stupid!")

Cheers.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info