Chris: ALT-F4 LEGIT STRAT

"
Q:What are your thoughts on the use of alt-f4 in the game to escape death?

"
A:It's currently an accepted playstyle that allows us to design bosses to be more interesting. If you're locked in to *absolutely having to kill it with no hope of escape* then it has to be an easier fight.

LEGIT STRAT ALT-F4.

Real Pros ESC+Exit though

EDIT, my personal thoughts:

Spoiler
To clear up confusion, and people thinking that is a HC vs SC issue:

It's not.

I don't play hardcore anymore (I still have a 66 witch from Pre-Onslaught though).

It makes no difference what league you play. I instant logout when I think I'm probably going to die, because without it I would have to rethink how I play. In my opinion, this game would not be as fun without it. Dying at 88 on SC sucks, Dying in HC always sucks, and this game is fast paced and shit will fuck you up.

Without having the option to Instant Logout, I would not run into rooms, not run through doors.. and I would just have to change how I play.

It's not like they design fights so that you have to ALT-F4 to beat it... obviously if you ALT-F4 you still have to go back to kill that boss, or just don't go back. Either way you fail.

In order to succeed, you can't logout.

So.. is it really that HUGE if you're allowed to logout?

Instant Logout is just another reason why this game is great.

The Russell Wilson Era
Last edited by Mikekowa on Oct 10, 2013, 8:03:43 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 3:42:43 PM
Funny, so Alt+F4'ers are actually making the game harder for characters that do not. That is, if he's not trolling.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Thats got to be the most ridiculous reasoning I've ever heard. They are saying that Alt-F4ing allows them to make the game harder, so that players that dont use Alt F4 cant survive the content?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
isn't there a delay with using alt f4?
"
1235 wrote:

no, its instant.
"
1235 wrote:

There is, sometimes.

It's very small.

Like I said, real pros ESC+Exit
The Russell Wilson Era
Cos pressing either Alt-F4 or ESC-Exit is so amazingly skillfull and pro.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
This is absolutely THE dumbest thing I have ever seen a game developer say in regards to a game mechanic and how it correlates to other area of the game.

I cant even form a coherent thought right now about this statement it is that stupid.

Wow, I think i just lost a few IQ points by reading that.
"
bhavv wrote:
Cos pressing either Alt-F4 or ESC-Exit is so amazingly skillfull and pro.

compared to macroing it =)
ign = ultrahiangle
Babycore tears in 3..2..1..
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info