Anarchy and Onslaught Leagues have Ended - 61 Players Completed all Challenges!

"
reboticon wrote:
"
Nastakanoth wrote:
Maybe next season we could have some real challenges? :) Like some condition based achievements and not just mindless grinding after all the best items in the game? Only a handful of all players even had a chance of completing that list, because of the time it takes to aquire all of the best end game items, grind to the later maps etc.

I work 50 hours a week and played less than you did when you were mapping, it's just that I went for challenges and not character level.

Hey guys, both have good points, but both are extremist, una only want "Real challenges" and the other is defending the "Grinding challenges"... Why you guys need to be so extremist and simplistics?...

Why dont ask for MORE challenges? I mean, i feel that the challenges that where presented in the previous leagues was like a "Core" challenges, hard and long challenges, I just feel that the game needs not different or the same challenges but more challenges, some "Funny" challenges, some Hard and Long challenges, some Hard but not long (Like, kill X unique mob in Y Map with Z mod, in merciless dificulty).

For me the game need MORE just... MORE... of course, Steam Achivments and trading cards because... why not?.

And Reboticon, yeah you work 50 hours a week I work the same (not counting the travel time) but I live with my girlfriend and many others do the same, working long hours gets you appart from the ppl you want to be if you have any, so the point is not "I'm working" or "I'm studying" the point is "What do you gonna do with your free time?"

Regards!
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
"
dandan88 wrote:
I think he said there would be another news announcement later on. Please unwind your panties.

Can you show me this? i just looked throw and don't saw any comment to the questions.
Congratulations to all of the guys who completed all the challenges. It wasn't an easy feat by any means.

Also I couldn't summarize this any better than the other person who wrote this so I quote him:

"
Hodari wrote:
I think the challenges actually did a good job of testing your ability at nearly every aspect of the game in some way.

Obviously, leveling is a big part of the game and this was tested by getting to 60 on all classes. In a hardcore league, no less.

That and your ability to make a variety of different builds were also tested by needing to allocate every notable/keystone node on the skill tree.

Then there's exploring, tested by having to fully clear every area in the game.

Crafting? Use each currency item

Another one tested your knowledge of all the different vendor recipes by making you obtain all of the items from them.

Your skill at end-game was tested by having to use all the different maps(This one would have been better though if you had to actually kill the boss in all of them as I believe will be the case in the next set of challenged.)

Your ability to handle more difficult fights was also tested by the Rogue exiles.

And finally, trading is also a big part of the game which was tested by having to obtain all the unique items.

Admittedly a lot of these also ended up being a huge amount of grinding, but that too is part of the game. Note the name of the company that made it...
"
exploder wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:

I work 50 hours a week and played less than you did when you were mapping, it's just that I went for challenges and not character level.

Hey guys, both have good points, but both are extremist, una only want "Real challenges" and the other is defending the "Grinding challenges"... Why you guys need to be so extremist and simplistics?...

Why dont ask for MORE challenges? I mean, i feel that the challenges that where presented in the previous leagues was like a "Core" challenges, hard and long challenges, I just feel that the game needs not different or the same challenges but more challenges, some "Funny" challenges, some Hard and Long challenges, some Hard but not long (Like, kill X unique mob in Y Map with Z mod, in merciless dificulty).

For me the game need MORE just... MORE... of course, Steam Achivments and trading cards because... why not?.

And Reboticon, yeah you work 50 hours a week I work the same (not counting the travel time) but I live with my girlfriend and many others do the same, working long hours gets you appart from the ppl you want to be if you have any, so the point is not "I'm working" or "I'm studying" the point is "What do you gonna do with your free time?"

Regards!

Well, the point is, he put in the hours required for the challenges, he just chose to work on a different part of the game (Leveling.) Whereas my highest character is 87.

I'm all for more challenges and more interesting ones, I do think that some of these were a bit of a drag (Map one especially given the pure RNG of drops,) I'm only pointing out that they were obtainable.

One of the best parts about the challenges for me was that I ended up making friends with a lot of other people who ended up getting 8s, because everyone who got one was focused on nothing else, or just got to play all day everyday. I met cool people in both leagues because of it.

Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/?l=english

Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region
"
Redzor wrote:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/?l=english

Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Regional locks apply? Or just because it is not released yet?
"
Redblade wrote:
Look ma I'm famous!

Awaiting my T-Shirt, no extra cookie for doing them all solo? ;)

You seriously farmed all the uniques yourself, no trading... wow. I thought I was doing good finding 40'ish on my own.
Congratulations to the dedicated players who completed what seemed (to me, at least) a nigh-insurmountable task. Collecting a set of all those uniques, alone, seemed impossible; certainly, that accounts (along with the elusiveness of some Rogue Exiles) for the fact that there were so few who completed all eight challenges. A mighty feat, Exiles! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Ya I am amazed at everyone who completed it. I didn't manage to even complete one, although I admit I wasn't trying very hard. I had hoped to be able to complete one or two just by playing the game a ton, but I guess they weren't targeted at people just playing normally.
Last edited by Baldrick on Oct 9, 2013, 1:16:24 PM
"
reboticon wrote:

Except for...

"
reboticon wrote:
Unfortunately I took my vacation to finish up the challenges for this league. So I either wasted my entire vacation playing POE or I got paid to play POE, depending on how you want to look at it ;)

However my point wasn't that I couldn't do the "challenges". It's just that I found them extremely dull. They could have been so much better.

I also had a look at the post when the "challenges" were first introduced. "We expect many players to complete them before the Leagues end" - Chris. Yeah well I don't think 61 through 3000000 can be classified as many. :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info