Upcoming 1.0.0 Skills and Support Gems, Anarchy/Onslaught ending and San Francisco Meetup Pictures

"
Defensive Trigger Support Gems:
Cast on Death

I really can not see a use for this...even on softcore. Does the gem give +1000% increase damage to the linked skill but the skill itself can not be used? Perhaps link this to discharge + increased area of effect so you off with a bang?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 7, 2013, 1:59:10 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Cast on Death

I really can not see a use for this...even on softcore. Does the gem give +1000% increase damage to the linked skill but the skill itself can not be used? Perhaps link this to discharge + increased area of effect so you off with a bang?

dont forget the new pvp. you could leave your killer with a mess to deal with
nvrmnd
Last edited by Josephoenix on Oct 7, 2013, 2:03:36 AM
Awww..I was at the meetup in the park but I had to leave early so I couldn't go to the bar :(

Stupid wife's birthday...

I still had a blast and I'm so glad I could meet up with the GGG guys! Seeing Chris in person was crazy. You don't see many (any?) other game devs doing stuff like fan meetups, so it's really cool that GGG does them when they can.
Don't be silly , cast on death is most probably for minions!!
"
Qrotiec wrote:

It's for PvP and SC fun.
Curse On Hit (for spells and attacks) --> meeh, useless unless i am missing something
Cast On Crit (attacks only) --> Power siphon and bow builds yay
Cast on Melee Kill --> meeh, idk, useless for party play and maybe even solo if its an RT build and your dps isnt enough to kill quick, or even with enough dps but you are killing everything more or less at the same time since everyone has access to splash now? Idk, on kill stuff always sucked, since d2.

The question is, do the above have to be linked to the main skill you use for attack? If so, it would really suck.

Cast on Death
Cast when Damage Taken
Cast when Stunned

All seem like gimmicks, US / chayula > when stunned gem, on death can be fun for messing around with in sc, and when damage taken ... yeah in poe you dont want to take any damage as much as possible, even if you are a tank by the game's definition.

Slower Projectiles --> if faster projectiles increase the range of FP and incinerate, this reduces it? And if so, why would you want that?
Reduced Duration --> useful for lightning warp and traps + sunblast belt?

"
Qrotiec wrote:

Orly?

"
Qarl wrote:
"
elvorette wrote:
"
Cast on Death, interesting. Unless there's going to be a super rare resurrection gem I doubt that will be used in HC/Nem.

Awesome gems, very happy to see Cast on Crit.

It's monster death, not player death

It is cast on player death. We don't really expect this one to be too popular in Hardcore.
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
Half life 3 confirmed.
"
mvm199 wrote:

Slower Projectiles --> if faster projectiles increase the range of FP and incinerate, this reduces it? And if so, why would you want that?

What if it has damage boost? You could make more powerful, extra short range FP, a true shotgun.
Also, what if they implement a projectile or a spell that does hits over the course of travel (Piety's ball lightning, D2 Frozen Orb)? You'd want that to travel as slow as it can, trust me.

"
mvm199 wrote:

Reduced Duration --> useful for lightning warp and traps + sunblast belt?

What if it has damage boost to compensate too? Warp will kick butt, also molten shell usually doesn't need 1o seconds.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 7, 2013, 2:43:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info