Official Path of Exile Release Trailer

"
Fortise wrote:
does this mean my Chars will be gone and we will be starting a new game.

No, you will keep your characters and their progress.
Release better have - Fixed Desync
Trailer is really nice, but i must admit i think the first one grasped the actual gameplay better.

Site question, does the spectral throw use a standart model of your weapon type or a specific 3d model? because d*** that would be something i would spend skin transfers on.
Last edited by amplified on Oct 4, 2013, 11:37:02 PM
I enjoyed the first trailer more.

Conquer the beast within.
Excuse me... what does that mean, and why should I care.

Also I don't know why this trailer isn't using the in-game camera angle. It doesn't reflect what the actual gameplay looks like.

BTW, Animate Guardian is an amazing idea!
Last edited by Redfeather_1975 on Oct 4, 2013, 11:59:44 PM
I'll add my voice to the ones already here who have been a bit critical of the trailer.

- As a Character Class trailer for the Scion, it is excellent. It is from her POV and it gives us an idea what she's about.

- As a trailer for the GAME RELEASE though, it is inferior to the OB Trailer in many ways. It doesn't showcase the many features of the game which would intrigue potential new players and entice them to play. It doesn't do justice to the depth of gameplay, nor showcase any of the other classes, or the many ways which make POE stand out from all the other similar Fantasy-themed games out there. (Although it does do a good job of showing how dark, grim and gritty the setting is, but it could and should do so much more.)

I'm saying this in the hopes that changes will be made to the trailer in time for Oct 23. Like many of the people who have commented, I care deeply about the success of the game and hope that it attracts millions of new players.

As someone who works in marketing, I may be biased in saying that marketing matters, but in a very crowded gaming marketplace, POE needs an attractive, informative, and intriguing trailer to maximize visibility.
Yeah that's great and all, but why no Oct 31? :( For a spooky day you're so close!
Is it just me or does The Scion look like Nicole Kidman?
Confine yourself to observing and you always miss the point of your life. - Darwi Odrade
I sure hope this will bring back some people who quit and new players as well.. Hardcore is a ghost town, Onslaught is close behind. The lack of players (or at least, lack of parties to meet new people) is not good for motivation to play this game.
vaal or no balls
I am sorry, but i dont like new trailer. Maybe its good for old fans, but not for new players. Coolest Diablo-esque action-rpg in this video look like cheap korean MMO. OBT trailer was way better: gameplay, features, cool action scenes. Release trailer have some good action too, but there is no gameplay and some shots is very, very ugly. Newbie even will not be able to understand what genre is this game.
(sorry for google translate)
Uhm, I thought this was a trailer of PoE, not the class... /disappointed.

But on the upside, if I were told it was in fact about the class and not PoE, I would be the opposite of disappointed.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Last edited by Evlesoa on Oct 5, 2013, 1:14:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info