Official Path of Exile Release Trailer

"
Gagelovett wrote:
I honestly couldn't give 2 shits about the quality of a trailer for a game I already love.. I am simply excited for the news this trailer brings, and would be if it was just slow zoomed text too! Kinda disappointing to see avid "supporters" talking so much shit on the trailer.. Naggers.

As for my opinion, I love this damn game and can't wait for the release! Thanks GGG :)

There is the reason why people give 2 shits about this:

Better release trailer = more new players = more money to GGG = more content for the game (beside maintaining it in the first place).

By helping the devs via feedback(and because GGG gives 2 shits about this feedback), you can directly alter your game experience in the future. If you understand this, you might realise, that these "supporters" are not talking so much shit on the trailer without a good reason, and they have a little more foresight than you.
IGN: Afra

Check out the Golden Skeleton Tradehouse!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519557
All trailer needs is Dominus talking, that guys voice is money.

Meh.

Scion looks kinda ugly.

Just gonna stick to my shadow even if it's sub-optimal.

But the bit showing off PvP was really nice.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Oct 6, 2013, 9:57:18 PM
The trailer doesn't matter. If the actual game is to the same high standard as we have come to expect it will be a smash hit.

Personally I have never looked at a trailer and thought I have to buy that game. I go by game reviews about the core mechanics and the stated vision of the game developers. GGG consistantly knocks it out of the ball park on those points.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
anyone else notice the sword the scion is holding on 0:57?
IGN:SYVRUS
TL;DR: I didn't give the video team enough credit for their hard work the first time around and I feel like an ass. New video's coming, though, which I consider a good thing.

"
Damien_GGG wrote:
Sorry for those who weren't happy with the trailer.

I did, in fact, put more effort into it than the Open Beta trailer, as did the rest of our team, and had equally as little sleep out of the whole thing, but I understand that some had expectations that were not met. On a personal level, I'm very happy with the edit and feel that it's technically a more polished and refined accomplishment than the Open Beta Trailer. I am really proud to showcase the work of some of the very talented people at Grinding Gear Games, not to mention the great soundtrack from Kamil Orman Janowski, and it's a shame that some feel we didn't put our best foot forward.

Fortunately, this is not the whole story.

We felt that we'd like to create a bitesize cinematic story trailer this time round - to appeal to a common demographic i.e the large proportion of viewers who dropped out early from watching the OB Trailer - followed up by a fuller gameplay trailer, more along the lines of the Open Beta Trailer.

I agree with the key points made here - focus on all characters and story, explain key gameplay differentiation (skill tree, etc.); we felt that we'd separate these elements out this time to provide two different entry points for two different audiences, so rest assured, these things will be addressed in the forthcoming trailer.

We're putting as much effort into the new gameplay trailer as we ever have into anything so I hope you'll find something of interest in it!

Yeah, after rereading what I wrote, and seeing this, I kinda feel like I didn't give you guys enough credit. The new trailer is, by far, more polished than the Open Beta one - and the extra effort you guys put into it shows, especially with the tension in that Duelist-Marauder scene. I just don't think it was necessarily better as a display of the game as a whole, which is really what a release trailer should be shooting for.

I'm glad there's a trailer with gameplay coming out, though. It shows how much you guys actually care about your player feedback, which is seemingly rare nowadays. :D
I'm glad that you are preparing another trailer :)
Keep up the good work!
Yes I would rather see a black hair Asian girl with green eyes as the face of PoE. The blonde just does not fit well with this game. I'm absolutely in love with PoE right now and the trailer rocks.

The only two disappointing things about this game are the currency drop rates and XP penalty. This is the biggest reason why all my friends left the game. New content or not, weather it's farm Piety until L100 people want to be able to actually feel like it's obtainable. Map drops are too rare, no one can afford to roll them or gear properly to do them. If GGG would at least make these changes I know about eight of my friends would come back and play. There's no pride when you can't finish what you started, then there is no reason to start. Just give people the ability is all I'm asking. I want my friends back in the game.
Last edited by Bushido74 on Oct 7, 2013, 3:37:03 AM
"
Septile wrote:
"
PoERickety wrote:
Excellent news!!

OK, just watched trailer. Just wondering who the girl is as this is a character Ive never seen before? Is this a new one, a female model of an already existing male character?

It's a new class, starts in the middle of the passive tree.

Cool, has there been any info regarding this class or was that the real point of the actual video. A teaser so to speak?
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
First, thank you, GGG, for this game!

Anything from constructive criticism to 'meh'-reactions to
the release trailer has already been sufficiently covered
in the previous 22 or so pages, so I probably have nothing
much to add in that direction.

Instead, I wanted to share this song which, imho, meshes pretty
well with the game.

The storm-reaved ship bound for Wraeclast, the desperate
fight for survival, boss battles and so on can be easily
imagined in the context of the driven background music
and lyrics.

In conclusion, my small input in this thread would be, that
sometimes the song in the background speaks for itself, ob-
soleting the need for a narrator. I do not know if the budget
on which GGG is operating could comfortably cover the licensing
of such a song, so this is but a mere suggestion.
Last edited by Yonorang on Oct 7, 2013, 6:12:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info