Los Angeles Fan Meetup Results

You guys should come down to the east coast sometime!
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499 (My Gaming Stream)
Mana Shield!! I hope this will be something like this:

Spoiler
"
Amarena wrote:
It's an idea I had for a while now, but no 1k dollars in my pocket, don't you know?
Just adapted the flavour text for both item and situation, hope you like it.

just for the record, art by me.

Imunity to Reflection stands for imunity to physical damage reflected to attacker mods in PvP and elemental/physical reflection auras in PVE.
Mana Shield is quite a classic skill in arpgs, your mana works as your hp. To avoid being OP, It is suported by CI+Eldritch, leaving you with 1hp. Also I made it a high level item so it is harder to drop (hihg lvl maps only).

@edit: CI also suits the nature of a 'chaotic void' from the item. If LeHeup likes it we can create some nice lore to fit it to Wraeclast, but oh well... I just wish some GGG staff would look at that and say "hey, can we use that?" :D

And I hope there will be a X-month immolation league. (As celebration dedicated to return of Avatar Of Fire)
The Unofficial Fan Art Thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/729
"
WinterLicht wrote:
Mana Shield!! I hope this will be something like this:

Spoiler
"
Amarena wrote:
It's an idea I had for a while now, but no 1k dollars in my pocket, don't you know?
Just adapted the flavour text for both item and situation, hope you like it.

just for the record, art by me.

Imunity to Reflection stands for imunity to physical damage reflected to attacker mods in PvP and elemental/physical reflection auras in PVE.
Mana Shield is quite a classic skill in arpgs, your mana works as your hp. To avoid being OP, It is suported by CI+Eldritch, leaving you with 1hp. Also I made it a high level item so it is harder to drop (hihg lvl maps only).

@edit: CI also suits the nature of a 'chaotic void' from the item. If LeHeup likes it we can create some nice lore to fit it to Wraeclast, but oh well... I just wish some GGG staff would look at that and say "hey, can we use that?" :D

And I hope there will be a X-month immolation league. (As celebration dedicated to return of Avatar Of Fire)

-99 res all is harsh

and like that mana is your life pool, what happens when you cast skills, and when you take a 4k hit, you cant even cast skills then? What about auras?

"
xultimax wrote:

its called mana shield - it doesn't need a rocket scientist to guess thats a skill for ranged characters

what is this i dont even

as if theres any direct correlation between mana and ranged chars
Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 30, 2013, 6:07:20 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:
and like that mana is your life pool, what happens when you cast skills, and when you take a 4k hit, you cant even cast skills then? What about auras?

uh, it would work exactly the same way blood magic characters do
"
JeanKB wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:

uh, it would work exactly the same way blood magic characters do

What do we need another form of blood magic for though. Doubt that is makes mana=life
If you guys came to New York or somewhere over on this side I might be able to bring like 6 people. My mom would have to be one of them but hey, what hell right?
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Mindspiral was considered the more "dangerous" to balance unique when it was added, due to the upcoming mana shield. The fact that the unique specifies that you cannot leech mana and that damage taken is converted into mana gives some hints. It also has cold and lightning damage, but that could be a coincidence.

But right now I'm imagining that "mana shield" is basically a superpowered reflect, causing mana loss as a % of damage taken when you're hit in exchange for dealing cold/lightning damage back at attackers equal to the mana lost? Kinda like tempest shield but... a lot different.

An alternative: a portion (or all) of your energy shield applies to mana, so you have a white overlay on both orbs. Said 'mana shield' is then spent on skills, regenerating very quickly after a few seconds of not using any mana. Possibly even working like life reservation in that you can have all mana reserved but the 'mana shield' would still be useable for skills. Like energy shield, flasks wouldn't work, leech could possibly be tied into ghost reaver or whatnot. Energy shield cooldown recovery could apply to the mana shield, mana regeneration increasing the speed of the recovery to full once the timers gone.

Or, more simply - BASE mana works like that, no cutting into energy shield reserves, that's just how mana would act. No regen when using skills, extremely fast regen after a period of no mana useage, making managing maximum mana very important but allowing for some extremely strong bursts of damage and ignorance of mana regen nodes/gear. Auras become much less attractive, stupidly high mana cost multipliers moreso.

Either way, so long as it isn't just "damage goes to mana", I think there's some strong potential for an interesting to use keystone!
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
xultimax wrote:
"
meerkatz13 wrote:
"
xultimax wrote:

yeah very easy thing to guess someones feelings just from two lines of words in some internet forum
kudos for your skills ...

Yeah, very easy thing to guess a skills' function just from 2 words of name (Mana Shield) in some interet forum. Kudos for your sklills...

its called mana shield - it doesn't need a rocket scientist to guess thats a skill for ranged characters

Umm...So you are saying that only ranged characters use mana? With those comments you look like a guy who has never played PoE, just quit WoW and is trolling PoE forums. GGG knows what they are doing, some shit is imba atm and it will be, they are trying to fix it tho. One thing - this is not an MMO, so stuff being imba is just fine. Ofc, that kinda sucks for racers etc, but that is why there are 4 month leagues without some of the OP items.
IGN Macesaremanttofly
"
rogueyoshi wrote:

GGG knows what they are doing, some shit is imba atm and it will be, they are trying to fix it tho. One thing - this is not an MMO, so stuff being imba is just fine.

yeah thats why everyday several threads with complains (for example desync, droprates, build diversity) popping up - because everything is just fine ...
very cool. i'm jealous of you that got to go hang with Erik and Chris. looking forward to the new info coming!
i <3 minesweeper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info