Staying under level 28

If we exceed level 28 but not enter cruel difficulty, does that mean that character will not be eligible for the lvl28 PvP arena?

Will there be some way to turn off XP gain so we can farm for items and test items, skills, builds without exceeding the cap?
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
You should use other (higher level) characters to farm the gear for your lvl 28 pvp characters. There, problem solved.
Yes you usually dont play with your pvp characters in pve.

Though I would really like some way of turning off XP gain and at the same time remove all items and currency drops and it can only be done in a solo game, this is so I can test how fast it kills and if survivability is better without competing versus other players.

That was the only thing I really missed in Diablo II because having a freaking badass lvl 9 char and not being able to slay the act boss in act 5 was sad : >

If you exceed level 28, you will not be eligible.

We are looking at adding a way for players to delevel characters, but don't expect it to be available immediately.

"
Qarl wrote:

We are looking at adding a way for players to delevel characters, but don't expect it to be available immediately.

Since gems are deleveled through a scouring orb recipe, maybe players could be deleveled through a similar fashion involving scouring orbs.

Just throwing an idea out there, I suspect it's going to be an unpopular one since it involves currency though.
"
Qarl wrote:

Will ilevel 28+ gear be allowed in the level 28 arena? How will that work? You can get really awful rolls on high ilevel gear and have low, low level requirements for it. Uniques also allow for a level 28 6L. What will be the rules regarding that?
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
grogor wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Since gems are deleveled through a scouring orb recipe, maybe players could be deleveled through a similar fashion involving scouring orbs.

Just throwing an idea out there, I suspect it's going to be an unpopular one since it involves currency though.

It would also need to reverse a passive skill point.

It doesn't take much time to hit 28, so moving backwards doesn't seem like a big issue.. but Chris seemed to suggest there may be more capped arenas eventually, so something to delevel could be useful.

I'd rather just be able to toggle experience gain so if I want to test new gear on my 28 by fighting mobs, I won't risk hitting 29.

I don't really understand the exclusion once you enter cruel. I don't see any advantage that can be gained that couldn't also be achieved by having alt characters. Like if you want a quest reward gem or something.

" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
anubite wrote:

Will ilevel 28+ gear be allowed in the level 28 arena? How will that work? You can get really awful rolls on high ilevel gear and have low, low level requirements for it. Uniques also allow for a level 28 6L. What will be the rules regarding that?

There will not be restrictions on equipment, other than the existing level requirements.

Yes, there will be capacity to farm for excellent low level equipment from high level areas.

When we have enough player base that the matchmaking system comes into its own, players with awesome equipment will tend to matched with players with awesome equipment (well, except for those players aren't that good at the actual play).

When we have enough player population, there will be more tiers of PVP. Some of those may have other restrictions and requirements.

However, we are not going to keep moving the goalposts when players find ways to win PVP through good decisions making.

Edit: To clarify the matchmaking does not take into account gear, it takes into account winning. Advantages that help with winning will naturally be reflected in the matchmaking.

Last edited by Qarl on Oct 8, 2012, 6:10:39 PM
"
Panda413 wrote:
I don't really understand the exclusion once you enter cruel. I don't see any advantage that can be gained that couldn't also be achieved by having alt characters. Like if you want a quest reward gem or something.

Higher difficulty quests reward passive skill points, and character enhancements (like +life, or +resists). We want to restrict access to those additional skill points.

"
Panda413 wrote:
It would also need to reverse a passive skill point.

The most likely candidate for delevelling is as follows:

There will be a recipe that generates an item of currency.

The item of currency delevels the player one level. The character must have at least an unallocated passive point to use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info