Staying under level 28

"
Qarl wrote:

In the future there will likely be PVP options that severely restrict availability of good farmed gear (possibly by providing the gear as part of the arena).

That's depressing to read. Provided gear just seems bland. But I'll keep an open mind and wait for the actual patch.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
When is it depressing that they are considering adding more OPTIONS to pvp, regardless of what they may be? Hell, Runescape had a dueling rule for using useless stuff like flowers or a rubber chicken and people enjoyed that.

It's an issue if the rules are forced, not if they're adding options.
"
"
Qarl wrote:

In the future there will likely be PVP options that severely restrict availability of good farmed gear (possibly by providing the gear as part of the arena).

guild war 2 is doing that and it's a BIG turn off for me. I sincerely hope this never happens in PoE. However, I wouldn't mind if there was some "free" gear available, kind of like a minimum but you can bring better gear if you find it.

If pvp comes to a point where everybody is equal because you can't get better gear, well, I'm not gonna be interested in doing arenas/pvp at all...

Option was the important word there.

"
"
Qarl wrote:

That's depressing to read. Provided gear just seems bland. But I'll keep an open mind and wait for the actual patch.

Options. Pay attention. I'm sure the "main" PvP league will welcome that ultra-rare lvl 28 6L weapon or chest.

It sounds like the restricted gear arenas will provide an option for altoholics like me. I like to make a lot of characters and try different builds and I have limited patience for farming. As a result, I tend to get my face melted in very gear-dependent situations and therefore avoid them.

Edit: HAHA, Qarl beat me to it!
Open beta is still BETA.
Last edited by MorriganGrey on Oct 9, 2012, 4:23:40 PM
Ha I'd probably only end up playing random gear PvP

S L O W E R
Cant GGG do something like GW2 has and de-level people to lv28 if they are over when they enter the area?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
Cant GGG do something like GW2 has and de-level people to lv28 if they are over when they enter the area?

No. We won't do this.

De-levelling has some interesting effects in GW2 as well.

Some builds get stronger, and some weaker when de-levelled.

Also, they do not use this method at all for PVP, it is only for PVE.

Well lvl 28 pvp tier gonna be awesome since 6L weps and chests doesnt effect the result that much due to lack of support gems at that level. Skilled players and good builds gonna determine who kills who bump for that.

My only concern about low level good uniques like volls maul and facebreaker, with those u can easily hit above 1k dps which is 1 shot for any build at that level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info