Staying under level 28

"
Qarl wrote:
"
Panda413 wrote:
I don't really understand the exclusion once you enter cruel. I don't see any advantage that can be gained that couldn't also be achieved by having alt characters. Like if you want a quest reward gem or something.

Higher difficulty quests reward passive skill points, and character enhancements (like +life, or +resists). We want to restrict access to those additional skill points.

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like fun!
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
Panda413 wrote:
It would also need to reverse a passive skill point

Good point. I suppose it would need to be an orb of regret rather then scouring.
GGG, please don't make same the mistake that Blizzard made with low-level battlegrounds. If you're going to allow people to keep twinks at the maximum level for an arena bracket in perpetuity, let them do that in their own league where they can fight other twinks. Characters in other leagues leagues should be forced to eventually level out of a bracket. This needs to happen quickly enough that it's not worth it to just level another alt.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by OnmyojiOmn on Oct 8, 2012, 7:50:20 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Panda413 wrote:
It would also need to reverse a passive skill point.

The most likely candidate for delevelling is as follows:

There will be a recipe that generates an item of currency.

The item of currency delevels the player one level. The character must have at least an unallocated passive point to use it.

Or you could just implement a Zero EXP aura that costs nothing to reserve instead of restricting tiered pvp to those who can afford it.
why not a option to turn off experience(through a quest line or whatever you think is nessisary) and lock you out of the next difficulty? This would prevent the higher level quest rewards and not be a pain in the ass and would allow you to PvE with your PvP character if you wanted to.

I loved twinking in WoW before blizzard destroyed it.
Some of the most fun PvP i ever had was a 3 hour long warsong gulch(this was before they put in the time limits) with a rival twink guild. We ended up loosing at the end but man is was an epic battle.

"
Qarl wrote:
"
Panda413 wrote:

The item of currency delevels the player one level. The character must have at least an unallocated passive point to use it.

Also - an option that you can enable to disable a character's ability to gain experience and therefore disable their ability to level. Wouldn't want to accidentally gain XP on a PvP character - it's like what Blizzard did with WoW, but it was a good idea.
IRON MAN
"
Xendran wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Panda413 wrote:

Or you could just implement a Zero EXP aura that costs nothing to reserve instead of restricting tiered pvp to those who can afford it.

I thought about this also but it has one major drawback, that is you can farm for currency orbs easily with an overpowered character that always meets the best level req for the area.

So the idea with a deleveling orb sounds very good.
"
derbefrier wrote:
I loved twinking in WoW

The people who were trying to legitimately PvP as they leveled their characters sure as hell didn't enjoy it.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
derbefrier wrote:
I loved twinking in WoW

The people who were trying to legitimately PvP as they leveled their characters sure as hell didn't enjoy it.

We'll try include options for "purer" PVP. Short term cutthroat leagues achieve this some degree.

However, a big part of Path of Exile is the gear, and players engaging deeply in the economy. This will feed back into how Arena PVP plays out.

In the future there will likely be PVP options that severely restrict availability of good farmed gear (possibly by providing the gear as part of the arena).

"
Qarl wrote:

In the future there will likely be PVP options that severely restrict availability of good farmed gear (possibly by providing the gear as part of the arena).

guild war 2 is doing that and it's a BIG turn off for me. I sincerely hope this never happens in PoE. However, I wouldn't mind if there was some "free" gear available, kind of like a minimum but you can bring better gear if you find it.

If pvp comes to a point where everybody is equal because you can't get better gear, well, I'm not gonna be interested in doing arenas/pvp at all...
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info